Final Cut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Cut Reviews

December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
December 10, 2011
Enjoyed this film. One of Robin Williams better recent efforts. Found the premise of editing thoughts and the consequences that that brings to be intriquing.
½ July 20, 2010
i actually give it a .5 but whatever. it was so bad, i don't know why i bothered to watch the end. i kept thinking it would get better...
October 27, 2009
Horrible unfortunatly not in a good way.
May 12, 2009
i know i've seen this...i remember the title...i read the brief synopsis and cannot remember a damn thing about watching this movie.
June 4, 2008
A good concept. At some point in the future, humans can have a chip installed in their progeny which records everything like a video cam. Then when they die, this chip is used to create a eulogy for them. That seems to be the only function of the chip(!). Robin Williams (not my favorite actor) is a "cutter" who is not judgmental and gets to create eulogies for people with things to hide. As it turns out - he has a chip himself, something he wasn't aware of. Cutters are not allowed to have chips by their guild. The story gets complicated. It reminds me of a Phillip K. Dick story but without the finesse.
May 8, 2008
Odd little SciFi drama involving sensory recording devices implanted in the brain at birth. Robin Williams is in rare form in this flick, sometime during his quiet phase. Why is he so scary when he's quiet?
April 22, 2008
Engrossing story, moody and haunting soundtrack, retro-futuristic feel to the film's technology.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
March 5, 2008
Interesting premise, but poorly directed and written. Anything with James Caviezel in it should be avoided.
February 1, 2008
So creepy. The wild technology gives me the heeby jeebies. Still an awesome movie. It makes you think about what will happen in the future.
January 10, 2008
½ December 1, 2007
another disappointment
November 14, 2007
This movie give you a LOT to think about, in the way technology is heading, and our conecepts of a lifetime. Very well done!
November 7, 2007
Good movie, great concept. It's great that Robin Williams could play such diverse roles.

However, like alot of people have been saying, this movie ends really abruptly. There should have been at least another 20 minutes just to explain the last 10-15 minutes.

However, this is one of that movies that just ends without an explanation when they seem to be building up to something that could really be good. For that alone, this movie loses a star.

Otherwise, good film with an ingenious plot.
November 1, 2007
Not interested. I generally avoid horror movies.
October 13, 2007
not freaken interested
September 18, 2007
Everything we do in our lives gets recorded by an implant behind our eyes, and then after we die gets reviewed and edited down to 60 minutes of highlights. A mind-blowing concept. Robin Williams is convincing in a serious role.
September 18, 2007
Robin Williams in a straight role and he is very good - called a scifi but that is misleading.
September 13, 2007
Was this meant to be funny?