Final Days of Planet Earth Reviews

½ July 13, 2007
As if we'd let those alien bugs take over the earth! Hrmph! Call in the world's best bug exterminator, please.
½ January 15, 2014
Too long, not enough substance, bland characters, TV effects, and a unoriginal story, but it's predictable fun. It has some dumb moments, some good moments, and somehow manages to be interesting throughout. It does end rather weakly though, and the film never seems to pick up in pace.
½ December 2, 2006
[font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#000000]I gotta call ?em like I see ?em. This was a pretty weak attempt at the basic alien invasion movie. The aliens hiding out as humans gave the film an ok bit of paranoia to it for a while. But then we see the aliens in their true form and I just laughed. They are insects that have NO OPPOSABLE THUMBS at all. In fact they don?t even have digits or hands of any type. Yet somehow when they are in human guise they have no trouble working guns, digging equipment, pens, or anything else. This invasion plot gives us nothing at all that hasn?t been seen before and it does give us aliens that have an extreme improbability of hiding inside human forms.[/color][/size][/font]

[font='Times New Roman'][color=#000000][size=4] The effects would be not bad if this were made for TV. Since it was a DVD film release I expected a bit more. The music is also a pretty average offering that really doesn?t add much to the action or emotions of the movie. The actors don?t rise up to any great level. They do ok with speaking their lines and pretending to be shocked or afraid or angry or ?insert emotion here? at the right times. There are a great many better alien invasion films available. Go for one of them, don?t bother with this one.[/size][/color][/font]
October 15, 2006
4.5/10. The basic plot of this is pretty cool, but the film drags on and on, for two hours and 50 minutes. The whole story could have been told in 90 minutes. Reasonbly good special effects, but they are by no means great. Way too long, it kills the film.