Final Move - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Move Reviews

½ June 7, 2013
Pretty good thriller.
½ January 9, 2011
Why is it that whenever we have a Chess movie there's some psycho-element associated with it (see also Knight Moves)? Shall I compare Chess to the graphically-violent-and-addictive-games of the 21st century? Why not send a message like that down the pipe? Grandstanding aside, I usually like cop-buddy movies but this one falls short. Instead of acting they had Matt Schulze too busy trying to look like Justin Timberlake. Check it out...or not. David Carradine was furniture in this movie. Hey, that's Mr. Kung Fu. LET THE MAN ACT! Daniel Baldwin has a memorable scene. Got a character who's claustraphobic? Put him in a small room and apply heat.

Overall? Thumb down.
½ July 20, 2008
The opening where the credits play is brilliant. It just overlooks a chess board, but the camera angles throughout the title and credits and parts of the movie too are just excellent. The movie itself was one of the worst movies I've ever sat through. B-rate movie, with an F-grade.
½ May 24, 2008
Pretty good thriller.
½ January 6, 2007
I can't quite put my finger on why this film is such a stinker, it just is. In a case like this, the majority of the fault would likely fall on the director, Joey Travolta for this rubbish. It appears lack of talent runs deep in the Travolta family. There is nothing good about this film. It's badly made in all areas, in spite of a promising start.