Final Terror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Terror Reviews

July 3, 2016
Group of campers are terrorized in this routine stalk-and-slash feature. Completely unremarkable-right down to the generic title. Filmed in 1981 but not released until 1983 as some cast members (particularly Daryl Hannah) had emerged from obscurity.
September 12, 2015
This is a fairly predictable slasher flick from the '80s, so you kinda know what you're getting into. I dug it well enough, just because I was in the mood for the typical formula.

Rental.
March 13, 2015
This movie wasn't bad, it just lacked from an interesting main villain and cast of characters.
The only death scene that was done remotely well was the end scene when the villain is revealed and killed.
The movie looked pretty cool at times and went by very quickly.
November 4, 2014
Even the recent bluray transfer looks rough and all in all the film does nothing new but I enjoyed it for what it was. Refreshingly low body count.
½ October 12, 2014
The Final Terror is an early horror film from director Andrew Davis who went on to make films like Under Siege and The Fugitive. It tells the tale of a few army brats and their ladies going out into the wilderness and being picked off one by one by an unseen local. The movie is also interesting for its cast, which features early performances by Joe Pantoliano, Rachel Ward, and Mark Metcalf. It's a movie that's shot particularly well for its low budget, but still manages to retain a low budget quality. I wouldn't call it a totally effective horror movie, but I'd call it more of a charming low budget movie instead. The performances are pretty good and the movie never gets boring. It's rough around the edges, but I enjoyed it, and I'm glad that it finally got a decent home video release recently, despite the fact that all of the original camera negative and the interpositive no longer exist. It's low image quality just adds to the film's charm, in my opinion.
½ March 19, 2013
A really bad killer in the woods flick that didn't even scare me as a kid and I was afraid of virtually everything. Don't get me wrong, if this was playing in the midnight hour or so then it would be semi-casual but on it's own this is slightly below average for the genre. Go to Friday the 13th or Sleepaway Camp instead.
½ April 6, 2012
Decent backwoods slasher from the vintage period, let down by overly dark cinematography. Darryl Hannah's first film!
½ February 2, 2012
Not a good film....Cutting from scene to scene is not a good idea. Writer was just to lazy to put an 80's feeling to this and make it a cult classic!
December 29, 2011
"The Final Terror" came out during the early '80's heyday of slasher flicks when the abundance of drive-in theaters ensured that every film like it would have a place to be shown. Now, with the innovation of the DVD, this film is still hanging around even though it's completely unworthy of your time.
A lot of bad films came out during that era, and this is quite simply one of the worst. It has gained some attention because it features some big names in front of and behind the camera, but none of those people give any indication here that they would go on to bigger and better things. Daryl Hannah and Rachel Ward aren't given much to do in this dreck other than scream and look scared, and Joe Pantoliano chews the scenery in his first acting role where he just has to be grumpy and hide the secret that passes for the film's final weak twist ending.
But the biggest surprise here is that this was directed by Andrew Davis, who would go on to be a respected action film director behind films like "The Fugitive". Not since James Cameron started his career with "Piranha 2" has a filmmaker made such an impressive turnaround. This film is dull and so dark that half the time you can't tell what's happening anyway. It's slow-moving, and the special effects are less-than-spectacular. When you're competing with similar films that have Tom Savini working for them, you need to be better than this.
I'm not a believer in the critics who say that these types of films are all interchangeable because there are good and bad examples of every genre. "The Final Terror"is one that you can easily avoid.
August 1, 2011
Dieser Slasher gehört mit zu den Besten was die 80er Jahre diesbezà 1/4glich zu bieten haben. Insbesondere die dà 1/4stere Atmosphäre, samt sehr schöner Landschaftsbilder in diesem dicht bewachsenen Walddickicht gefallen. Des Nächtens kommt ordentlich Stimmung auf.
½ May 13, 2011
I believe is a good one, but this is because I like early 80s horror movies. I like the cast and the ending, but if you are not into F13th style, then don't expect much.
½ March 22, 2011
A group of campers set off into the wilderness only to be stalked by a killer. Very familiar tale indeed, but a little more convincing than your 'Friday the 13th' type of slasher. Like most slashers that take place in the woods, or a camp, this one does have it's traditional campfire tale about the woods for which the campers camp.

The story involves an old crazy lady who lives out in the woods and whoever she comes across, she kills. That's pretty much all you need to know about the whole film in general because this isn't a thinking piece of cinema.

Aside from a few bits of boredom, there a very limited number of kills in this movie and yet I didn't mind that because much of the film is atmospheric. You can still create a creepy movie without blood and this one does it well. I also liked how every now and then you would see a glimpse of the killer, but never too much. It made the climax much more frightening.

Much of the film is very dark, and I don't mean in tone, because you barely see much of the action. The direction is in the same style as 'Deliverance' and I liked how the killer turned out to be exactly who it was to begin with instead of some stupid twist where it was one of the campers.
½ January 17, 2011
The first letdown in my recent 80's horror binge. A shame, because I'd wanted to see this ever since I was a kid. Interesting to see pre-stardom Daryl Hannah and Joe Pantoliano though!
½ September 28, 2010
Not bad for a cheap horror movie, it's basically Friday The 13th mixed with a bit of Deliverance and the scariest thing is Mark Metcalf naked. Ugh that gave me nightmares for weeks lol.
July 20, 2010
An excellent underrated backwoods slasher!!
June 29, 2010
This was an all-time fave for me as a kid. It scared the hell out of me!! I love the tin can lid trap at the beginning.
June 16, 2010
a slasher with daryl hannah from the 1980s worth watching i think.. will let u know;.
John2223
½ June 1, 2010
The Bad things about this movie is that it is supposed to be a slasher BUT there aren't enough deaths which was a big let down for me and the few death scene are not explicit nor gory though It has a couple of suspenseful moments.
"The Final Terror" is a pretty lame slasher. Nothing memorable about it. Very forgettable.