Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers! Reviews

May 4, 2012
A little weak for a Russ Meyer outing none the less should be taking in of fans of his if only to see him in a brief cameo cheering along w/ the stripe club patrons. A little rough in my rating but then I placed this along side of just about every Meyer's film that I have seen. In comparison it falls short; on it's own it's fine. Although it tries w/ its subject matter & characters it doesn't quite have that sizzle & shine that I have seen in one of my favorite directors other film. Not completely disappointed but you can't put it up w/ his best efforts. Worth checking out for completest though just to see it all but far too brief when it feels like more care & polish should have been taken
½ July 11, 2011
More silliness from Meyer but this one is less watchable than most.
February 23, 2011
Sure, it's faint praise, but "Finders, Keepers, Lovers, Weepers!" is one of the best Russ Meyer films I've seen. The basic plot isn't much -- two hoods plan to rob a strip bar while its philandering owner is out fooling around with prostitutes -- but the acting is decent, the soundtrack is atmospheric and the editing is sharp. The era's TV crime shows seem a prime influence here, both in the swanky score and in the artfully crooked camera angles.

Anne Chapman is a real beauty beyond the required curves, and even shows more talent than most of Meyer's other leading ladies. The film's 71 minutes pass quickly. Weird bonuses: a creepy bit where a gal shaves her lover's chest as foreplay, and sex scenes that intercut absurd footage of Amish kite-flying (no, really!) and demolition-derby collisions.
February 17, 2011
More of the same from Russ Meyer. Feel like he's getting into a bit of a rut now after Common Law Cabin and Goodmorning... and Goodbye! There's nothing new here. Bland.
½ May 15, 2010
Russ Meyer's usual antics are back in this crime drama dealing with a strip club owner that is getting double crossed by his hooker mistress, meanwhile his wife is messing around with the bartender. Non-stop nudity through the first half followed by the crime filled second half and a solid bloody climax. Not Meyer's finest film but still is very entertaining.
½ August 6, 2009
Another amusing and culty Russ Meyer Movie a Mixture of Sexploitation and Crime Story