Finding Altamira (Altamira) Reviews

• Aug 10, 2019

A great and wonderful surprise !

A great and wonderful surprise !

• Oct 27, 2018

The costumes and set designs were fantastic despite the obvious budget limitations. The acting far fairy good especially Banderas but unfortunately the good doesn't outweight the bad s Finding Altamira is terribly boring.

• Serge E Super Reviewer
    Feb 09, 2018

I discovered this film by mere coincidence, never even knowing of its existence. And I truly loved it: the story, Banderas' performance, the characters, everything!

• Oct 30, 2017

Interesting biopic about a little known amature archiologist that discovered prehistoric cave drawings in Spain and his struggle to be recognized. Excellent acting.

• Apr 14, 2017

two starts only because of the custome and sets. Terrible acts and poor story.

two starts only because of the custome and sets. Terrible acts and poor story.

• Mar 14, 2017

I very much enjoyed this slice of Spanish history. Well made and portrayed with sensibilities for the times.

• Mar 13, 2017

I can spend thirty minutes at a time stumbling through the scavenger hunt called Netflix. I chanced upon this film. I am hoping that it is well-rooted in historic accuracy. It is a lovely movie, posing raw discovery against traditional religion as well as "scientists" who refuse to consider the possibility of a larger world view. The movie centers around a pleasant family relationship, with the daughter being the key to the secrets of the cave, with her spiritual visions and experiences. While it's a little slow at times, the landscapes, furnishings and clothing of 17th century Spain are arresting. Watch it!

• Mar 09, 2017

Incredibly well done movie. Wonderful acting, photography, and music. I was mesmerized throughout and will be watching it again. I will be recommending it to all. I've seen reviews that said it was "slow". I thought it flew by, and was totally absorbed in the story. It's one of the best movies I've seen lately.

• Dec 07, 2016

Fascinating film of true her story of 2 sided dogmas versus what must be so. Love this movie & soundtrack!

• Oct 24, 2016

This is a worth while watch if for nothing more than the framing of the scenes. There must be over a hundred printable cels from this movie that could grace any home art collection. The movie shows the struggle between science and religion is a tangible way. The director does a great job of developing conflict and shows the complexity involved with its resolution. For anyone who has ever gone fossil hunting this is a must see. But if you just love pretty things this is worth a viewing. And Mark Knopfler has created yet another sound track worthy of his name