Finding Amanda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finding Amanda Reviews

½ November 27, 2015
CONS: The ending was unsatisfying and left us wanting more, which is typically a good tactic for the production of a sequel. However, the plot left no room for a sequel and the film was a flop, so here I sit, unsatisfied.
PROS: Lots of dark humor and offensive jokes throughout the movie. The plotline was well thought out, and was executed fairly well. Largest pro of the whole movie was getting to see Matthew Broderick on MDMA. ?????
June 29, 2013
I'm a little mixed on this... not funny - ha,ha.... and then it started seeming like an emotional type, feel good message ..... then, I kind of lost it again... Overall, I enjoyed watching it.
April 15, 2013
I am thinking that this is not the movie for me. Pass.
½ August 6, 2012
laughed my behind off. thought that this was a great movie. very awkward at times, and serious at others. but in between there was a heck of a lot of funny
April 8, 2012
I'll be watching this soon.
January 15, 2012
This was a bizarre movie that I am not sure how I feel about. That being said, there was something about it in addition to Broderick, Snow, and Facinellie that kept me completely entertained.
½ January 11, 2012
Forgettable, like Matthew Broderick's Career.Don't waste your time on this one, nothing convincing about these performances at all
½ December 18, 2011
A conpulsive gambler escapes his wife and goes to Las Vegas where he meets his daughter Amanda working as a prostitute and attempts to rescue her, while she doesn't want to be rescued. Nobody becomes a better man in the process, but the audience gets its laughs.
½ December 2, 2011
Kinda boring but ok if you have nothing better to do.
½ September 5, 2011
well I thought this might b a romantic rom-com but what I got was a black comedy in which broderick in his everyman hang dog put upon ( think "election") as an uncle with a lot of issues who goes to vegas to find his niece and bring her back 2 LA to put her in rehab.
½ August 29, 2011
i was expecting this to be awesome seeing as matthew broderick was in it but they wasted his talent in this
½ August 18, 2011
had a few good parts, but over all wasn't impressed!
½ August 11, 2011
For some reason, I just didn't like the film. The lies were transparent, the hiding of the jackpot was stupid, and the ending made the movie pointless.
August 9, 2011
It had a couple of moving parts...that was about it.
½ August 3, 2011
Finding Amanda didn't nearly get enough credit as it should have. I will say that it's not the best film that i've seen, but for what it is, it's descent. Broderick & Snow have some good dialogue together, & they work when they act together. Finding Amanda has a great plot & great premise but sometimes it can't quite pull off those type of things that it should've. It's good but not great.
April 29, 2011
watched part of it but will have to watch the rest. too many awkward thing to watch with the parents present in the room
½ January 27, 2011
I thought, "Oh, Broderick and Snow, this movie will at least be entertaining." I wouldn't necessarily go that far although I did actually finish the movie. It was banal and ridiculous--and I don't mean that in my "ridiculous is awesome" way. It's one of those movies you can skip and never feel bad about never seeing.
½ January 26, 2011
pretty good, with a funny twist at the end, it was just a really slow start!
SC007
½ December 26, 2010
While the trailer for the film looks really good, the film itself disappoints. The film needed a major rewrite. There was a few funny scenes in the film. Matthew Broderick, Maura Tierney, and Brittany Snow were wasted in this film. The best thing in the film is Steve Coogan. He is hilarious in ever scene that he is in. He steals the film.
December 20, 2010
Decent black comedy about people with vices, how aware they are of them and how they deal with them in their everyday lives. This movie is a good study of the flawed side of human nature, and leaves itself open-ended for its audience to interpret and relate to.