Finding Buck McHenry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finding Buck McHenry Reviews

July 29, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
July 20, 2012
Pretty good! Good story.
½ January 15, 2012
I saw the movie and I thought it cute. Goes back to a time when kids thought, played games other than computers. Would purchase except can not find
June 3, 2011
The main character is a complete idiot. For me, he made this movie, an otherwise okay movie, very annoying.
½ March 11, 2011
Charles Burnett takes a cheerful script with an unbearably perky ending and with quiet, effortless grace brings out the sadness inherent in the material, the years of racism and waste of not just good but great baseball players. It's a fairy tale, the way Nightjohn was in its way a fairy tale--an expressive means of not just telling it the way it happened, but of telling us what should happen, a hint of the better world we should be striving for. In a way this disguised lament speaks of Burnett's own career--of how one of America's finest filmmakers has to turn to family cable TV for the money to continue speaking out, doing work, making films that, despite all odds, matters.
March 11, 2011
another good pairing of dee/davis
½ December 13, 2009
Really had fun watching this mostly because of Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee. A really great story, and also serves as a bit of a history lesson about the old Negro Baseball League.
½ December 21, 2008
Very moving and Great moral thoughts.
August 3, 2008