Finding Joe Reviews

• May 08, 2017

So much wisdom! Inspirational. Amazing.

So much wisdom! Inspirational. Amazing.

• May 05, 2017

This movie will change your life. Again and again. Or, better put- it will enable you to change your own life by following your calling. Be the person you were meant to be by following your own path. Patrick & the cast do an incredible job of telling the story while inspiring others. Critics missed the boat on this one, big time.

• Apr 27, 2017

This movie rocked. What's really powerful about it is that it's a "compass document" for how to use the framework of The Hero's Journey to navigate your own life adventures. If you feel like some powerful "other life" is beckoning you to be bigger than who you know your self to be, this is the movie for you to support you in giving language to that ambition. If you want to play it safe, or feel good about how you sold out years ago on a chance to be something more than just a critic or a hater, than you're probably going to hate this movie and give it a bad review.

• Apr 23, 2016

Not a particularly well-made documentary, but the power of the philosophies of Joseph Campbell keep it afloat and engaging to watch... once.

• Aug 19, 2015

This is the worst film ever on what may be the most interesting topic - mythology, stories and Joseph Campbell. The Joseph Campbell Foundation is a good place to find information about Campbell's teachings and lectures without seeing a film full of lame motivational talks, horrible music and an overall bs. The people or group that funded this film must be complete idiots or were conned into this.

• Mar 21, 2014

I do understand the negative reviews and, yes, the movie is a bit simple-minded, but the message is a powerful one and is presented in a very palatable way. "Follow your bliss".

• Aug 17, 2013

An excellent presentation of the way life works, showing the cycle everyone goes through many times in life.

• Aug 16, 2013

If you're not a Joseph Campbell geek - this is a great introduction to the concept of the Hero's Journey (monomyth). I really enjoyed the narrative style and the story-telling elements that run through the film.

• Aug 13, 2013

This is a great documentary about the Hero's Journey and how we see it show up in literature and films throughout history. I suggest it to any man who finds himself looking at his inner demons or trying to elevate himself to a higher plane of existence.

• May 06, 2013

I'm a Leadership & Executive coach and this video is simply priceless! Great reflection resource!