Finishing the Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finishing the Game Reviews

May 23, 2013
The Asians.... Come up with weird shit.
October 28, 2012
Surprisingly entertaining for me.

2009 Movies: 89
½ May 6, 2012
Movie could've been great. Great idea, but the execution was awful. Just too many stories going around, alot of them were just not interesting.
March 12, 2012
Very funny. With subtle bits of astute race politics woven in.
November 13, 2011
Not great, but I was amused throughout. More for fans of Bruce Lee or fans of movies about Filmaking...
September 5, 2010
A wacky, young and ambitious director wants to finish Bruce Lee's End Game while casting some interesting actors to play the lead. A funny indie flick.
August 31, 2010
had thought it was more of a comedy then it turned out to be. well done mockumentary, but was not what I was expecting to watch, and felt too slow many times.
June 15, 2010
Amusing but inconsistent.
½ June 8, 2010
April 8, 2010
I do admit that over a period of time the film just gets a little old and boring. But for the most part, the story and characters were very entertaining. Bruce Lee has died and the director needs a replacement for the end of the movie Game Of Death. The people who show up for the casting are great. They all have great personalities that keep you interested. Any where from Roger Fan who is already a movie star who thinks he is just like Bruce Lee to McCaleb Burnett who is a white guy who says he is half Asian, yet he looks nothing like it. Probably one of my favorite characters. I think the thing that ruined the movie for me was the ending. It was not as strong as the rest of the film. I will also mention that James Franco is in the movie as a small cameo. His part is pretty funny also. So not a bad film. A lot better than I thought it would be.
½ April 8, 2010
March 29, 2010
The death of Bruce Lee is the catalyst for this mockumentary about aspiring actors looking to be his replacement in his final film 'Game of Death'. The grainy 1970s look is precise in its authenticity, but for a lot of the time this flick is just too goofy for its own good.
½ March 10, 2010
Bad idea, poorly executed
½ February 16, 2010
Rarely have I seen that many Asians in an American movie. :) It was an interesting documentary-style film made to look as though it was made in the 70s.

I really enjoyed Justin Lin's first film, "Better Luck Tomorrow," and it's fun to see some of the same actors in this movie.
January 30, 2010
ok, but there were too many "factual" errors to allow you to believe the film world being created. If this is trying to be a mockumentary then you had better make damn sure to stay in period, but I noticed quite a few "modern" references that killed the illusion for me. Not enough funny parts, but a decent premise.
½ January 3, 2010
I'm torn as to how I feel about this movie. On one hand, it's humorous in its satire/mockumentary of continuing with Bruce Lee's dream. On the other, it's very offensive to the Lee family, not to mention quite a bit racist towards the Asian community. So, I'll just give it 2 1/2 stars... somewhere in the middle. It takes a lot to personally offend me, but that doesn't mean I don't know how others might feel. I did laugh, and I'm okay with that. And since it was directed by Justin Lin, it's "less" offensive. Still, it's not a great movie, so I won't be suggesting it to any friends.
December 6, 2009
This movie was actually kind of funny.
October 29, 2009
Watched 15 minutes of it, then turned it off. Just not a big fan of mockumentary. It does look like it has it's funny moment, but I just didn't have the patience to keep watching to see if it did.
½ August 28, 2009