Finishing the Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finishing the Game Reviews

August 16, 2009
The idea of a mockumentary about trying to find a replacement for the late Bruce Lee so that the film "The Game of Death" can be completed is very funny and original. Unfortunately, the film only succeeds at being funny about half the time. They do a great job of creating a 70's look, however.
August 3, 2009
Surprisingly entertaining for me.

2009 Movies: 89
June 30, 2009
nothing like any bruce lee films
June 6, 2009
Not very funny, kind of blah.
½ April 25, 2009
OMG this movie is a trip! Love how it comically, but truthfully portrays the disappointment and racism actors of color face in Hollywood.

Roger Fan was spot on as a pretentious, egotistical celebrity, Sung Kang played the innocent, wide-eyed actor from the South, and Brian Tee was almost unrecognizable as an emotionally and physically damaged Vietnam war vet!
April 7, 2009
It's really funny, granted it's a bit racist, but still really funny. I enjoyed watching this movie
March 18, 2009
This is a fairly funny mockumentary about a casting call for an unfinished Bruce Lee film by the name of "The Game of Death". The Director Justin Lin of "Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift" and the new "Fast & Furious" definitely switches up the gears here from his usual work. the film starts out really funny then the comedic aspects are kind of hit or miss depending on the viewers sense of humor. "Finishing the Game" is a film that is really hard to figure out I definitely didn't hate it and I'm not sure how much I liked it. In the end I would definitely recommend it if you like 70's type films and/or mockumentaries.
March 16, 2009
Not the greatest comedy, but it's a clever concept and has its stellar moments.
March 11, 2009
a hilarious movie, i note that every cast in this movie act very natural. Its like you actually saw a documentary film, not a satire comedy. all the characters did their best and none of them have fall. Who can forget a quote from BREEZE LO...a terrible pepsi-coca cola compare to Bruce lee : "there are actually actors that did all of their stunts bythemself, they are called stuntmen...hahahahahha hillarious
½ February 11, 2009
Interesting stuff if you're into film history.
½ February 9, 2009
Pretty funny but over all, underwhelming. I was surprised to see that MC Hammer is still alive.
January 31, 2009
This mockumentary didn't deliver as I hoped it would. It seemed to drag on too long, even though it clocks in at a brisk 88 minutes. There are some genuinely funny moments, but not enough to make it worth recommending. By the way, Bonnie Hunt isn't even in this.
½ January 24, 2009
Kind of dumb, and pointless, and not very funny.
January 21, 2009
I watched it for James Franco but after his 45 secondas of film time I got pretty bored. Didn't find much of it funny.
January 18, 2009
Very funny mokumentary, although it could have been even better.
January 11, 2009
Pretty funny for the first hour but gets tedious after a while.
January 8, 2009
I was hoping this would be funnier because it has lots of potential. It was pretty funny though. Was I was a kid, I loved Bruce Lee movies. I thought it ridiculous that they would try to finish a movie that they only had 12 minutes of footage. It was horrible, which is why I thought this movie would have a lot more satirical.
January 7, 2009
Kinda lame.... Breeze Lu cracks me up tho
½ January 1, 2009
Mockumentaries are supposed to be funny. This one definitely was not.