Fire from Below - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fire from Below Reviews

½ July 2, 2014
2014-07-02 watched for 2nd time
October 22, 2013
Calling anyone looking for schlock! The crystal protagonist is a compound looking for anyone it can to kill. The sets are mediocre. The acting is on par with the 80's shoot on video movie. I paid a buck for this movie and it;s well worth it just to make the predictable moments into a drinking. Oh, look for the lake farts around 37 minutes in.
May 21, 2013
What I expect for a disaster movie. All Sorbo's movies seem like B movies. A little unbelievable but entertaining.
January 13, 2013
Kevin Sorbo does not save this movie from being an awful mess. Fire from Below is pitiful but still laughable with friends.
½ May 20, 2012
Bit of a silly, but cheap evil presence for a low-budget movie. Poor script, weak locations.
June 26, 2011
I haven't seen acting this bad since my fourth grade class play. My word, this is unwatchable!
NaWia
½ February 5, 2011
I still dont know what this Movie was all about? I dont want to break off my head and if anyone wants to watch it. Go on, but please AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If anyone really likes Movies with Fire, watch "Fire Serpent" Fire Serpent atleast made sense. lol
July 23, 2010
Sorbo, Sorbo, Sorbo. What happened? From the highs of Hercules to this.

Well, admittedly, I had a lot of fun watching it, being a scientist. This is possibly the most scientifically inaccurate film ever conceived, but still good for a laugh...

Watch out for the CGI office that the 'industrialist' works in - I love that the production was too cheap to get a day in a hi rise office block! Ha!
July 13, 2010
Stupid & so so low budget!
½ July 9, 2010
The only good thing about this movie was getting to see Marengo Cave & Bluesprings Cavern, both Indiana Caves. I live about 7 miles from BSC.
½ July 5, 2010
Un effort si risiblement mauvais qu'il peut en devenir excellent lorsqu'on ne le prend pas trop au sťrieux (comme il semble le faire).
½ May 17, 2010
‚??Fire From Below‚?? gives new meaning to the term ‚??potboiler.‚?? This predictable 84-minute disaster feature about a mining company that exposes a vein of pure base Lithium qualifies as a below-average made-for-television feature. In this case, it was produced for the SyFy Channel. Co-directors Andrew Stevens and Jim Wynorski have concocted nothing but pure claptrap. Apparently the Lithium loves to breathe and seek out water so it takes the form of a flaming finger of swirling fire that chases people over water or in the mine cavern and burns them up. We‚??re talking flaming cheese. No, nobody gets burned on screen so that they turn into screaming French fries. One scene shows the fire trailing after a recreational speedboat on Lost Lake hauling a woman on skis. Indeed, the fire torches her and then the boat and its occupants. As it turns out, our hero and heroine, seismologist Jake Denning (Kevin Sorbo of TV‚??s ‚??Hercules‚??) and his fianc√©e Dr. Karen Watkins (Maeghan Albach of ‚??Rockabilly Baby‚??), are vacationing in rural Lost Lake when they discover a corpse floating in a lake. Karen leans on a wooden railing that collapses. She falls into the water and a dead man rises to the surface. Meantime, the Lithium has killed everybody in the mine and is slowly killing everybody in Lost Lake, most prominently Sheriff Griffith (James Hampton of ‚??The Longest Yard‚??) and garage owner Bubba (Burton Gilliam of TV‚??s ‚??Evening Shade‚??). Naturally, the military shows up and a crisis meeting is organized at the Pentagon where our hero shows how combustible a Lithium battery is when torched in the water. The Army evacuates citizens in the surrounding area while our heroes plunge into the fire to confront the out-of-control science project. Suspense is virtually lacking and the fires are all generated by computer graphics. Nothing in ‚??Fire From Below‚?? is remotely believable. Again, this is a paycheck movie for the actors and actresses involved and nobody gives what could be called a genuine performance. They utter throwaway lines from a shallow script based on William Langlois‚?? story and written by the two directors. I hate to start watching a movie and stop it at the half-way point, but I should have made an exception with ‚??Fire From Below.‚?? Nobody gets naked. Nobody is turned into a flaming pizza. Nothing!
½ November 24, 2009
I love ti 'cause I'm in it!! Female lead, baby!!
½ March 28, 2009
Except for Kevin Sorbo the acting sucked and the plot was horrible.