Fire in the Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fire in the Sky Reviews

½ February 20, 2015
Solid,diverse cast.Very well acted,aside from Craig Sheffer who´s too cartoony. The music would be ok if that trumpet was taken out,and it gets silly at the end.Stressing the fact that it is based on true events the film is very natural-like. Instead of playing out like an X-Files episode it shows us the aftermath from a public perception,media,legal,family and relationships-wise point of view.Like how it would actually be (was) in real life.This was never meant to be a thriller or a sci-fi show.

That being said,it does include probably the best sequence I have personally seen involving the topic of aliens.Simply an awesome scene,perfect.The spaceship,the environment,the aliens,the "procedure",brutal.
February 2, 2015
I watched this as a teenager, I was scared! I had to sleep with my light on. I think it's the best 'Alien Abduction' film about.
½ August 10, 2014
I don't really believe in little green men but I enjoyed the movie and hope one day it makes its way to bluray
August 2, 2014
As an eerie and somewhat disturbing abduction story, this film is great, but as a compelling, artfully crafted cinematic piece, this film falls behind lines.
June 14, 2014
Its questionable wherever I should like this film or not. It contains an intressting premise, some good tension/build-up stuff, and some mediocre acting, storytelling, directing and a me-he score to be rather misspread throughout.
½ June 1, 2014
I've always like "In Search of..." types of conspiracy stories around UFOs, bigfoots and other mysteries of the unexplained. This film jumped on the X-Files bandwagon, but it doesn't quite come off. The set-up had potential, taking one of the most famous UFO abduction cases and casting the film with some quality actors including D.B. Sweeney, Robert Patrick, Craig Sheffer, Peter Berg, Henry Thomas, James Garner and Kathleen Wilhoite (who always seems to be selling babies on TV crime dramas). You even have a good score by Mark Isham and sharp photography by Bill Pope. Unfortunately, takes an interesting case and adds unnecessary sensationalism (and fabrication) to what could have been an interesting story that presents the fact of the case and let the audience decide the truth. The filmmakers choice to present the abduction as fact, rather than something that is in question or uncertain, loses an element of mystery that could have given the film an added level of intrigue. There are good performances in the film, particularly by Robert Patrick, but the film really comes off as a missed opportunity. The X-Files told this type of story much better.
½ March 13, 2014
I actually really like this movie. This film gives the malevolent perspective on extraterrestrials and alien abduction based on actual event. You see the little alien greys in this movie with a bit of a cyborg-like characteristic. Demonic-like resemblance. These sure weren't the Pleiadians...
½ January 14, 2014
This movie is based on Travis Walton's real life story. It tells the story nicely and the characters are very good overall but the "bad guys" screen time is too short! I wonder if the Amazon Prime version was edited...Anyway, it is still a good movie.
January 14, 2014
Considering the director predominantly works in television, this is a pretty decent alien abduction movie with the added spice it's based on real events.
½ December 9, 2013
What!?! This movie is basically about two friends who go through a tough time together. Out of the 105min runtime, you see the "alien abduction" for about 10min of it! Ripoff! It doesn't help that basically nothing else happens for the rest of the movie, and it has a lame ending. Robert Patrick's certainly done better. Not passable as an alien film, and barely passable as a drama.
½ December 4, 2013
Super creepy abduction tale based on an alleged true story. I remember being horrified as a child seeing this film, almost as eerie decades later. Story is iffy but this filmed greatly profited off the assumption of its truthfulness. That alone should be enough to entertain.
½ November 12, 2013
We're not allowed that's for sure.
October 26, 2013
Excellent true story !!!
½ October 25, 2013
While it drags at some parts, and the acting is far from stellar, Fire in the Sky is still an interesting, intense movie, that has a scene I won't forget soon.
August 23, 2013
Just so we all remember that scene on the alien spaceship - probably the most frightening thing to ever come out of mainstream Hollywood.
½ July 22, 2013
Pretty scary sci-fi/horror film, partly thanks to the intense sequence inside the alien ship with the ugly ETs and their disturbing probes. It goes vastly beyond what one should expect from a movie like this.
½ July 16, 2013
Scary as all hell for a person who's number 1 fear is aliens. Having said that, never show the alien in an alien film.
½ June 19, 2013
One Of The Most Intense Alien Encounter Scenes Ever Filmed--Powerful stuff!!
½ June 16, 2013
This movie had a Made for TV feel about it. It was non memorable and not very scary. It could have had more depth to the story. Scarier moments. The town thinks the friends are lying about their friend's disappearance. The guy suddenly shows up, then has a few flashbacks about what happened to him during his abduction by the aliens. That's it!!
½ May 21, 2013
An alien picture that, for most of its running time, is actually a drama about being a pariah in a small town; competently made and acted, yet also dry and very skimpy on the sci-fi elements. It left me mostly indifferent though not hostile; yet the two major set pieces of the crew's first encounter with the alien craft and Travis's nightmarish experience on board the craft rank among the best the alien abduction genre has to offer.