Fired! Reviews

• Apr 10, 2012

a funny documentary wherein people share their stories about being fired and life experiences.

• Mar 27, 2012

Very insightful and makes you feel ok about your shortcomings by the end

Very insightful and makes you feel ok about your shortcomings by the end

• Mar 07, 2012

It wasn't very good, it could have been way better.

It wasn't very good, it could have been way better.

• Wahida K Super Reviewer
    Dec 19, 2009

Getting Fired By Woody Allen Was Just The Beginning

Getting Fired By Woody Allen Was Just The Beginning

• Dec 05, 2009

Meh. shotty directing but the interviews are nice. great cameos, but that doesn't make a good movie

• Sep 18, 2009

I won't lie. I was forced to watch this in a class I don't really care for, so that might have tainted my thoughts a bit. Aside from that, it's a documentary filled with funny anecdotes from actors, comedians, and other "celebrities" about getting fired. That's it.

• Aug 22, 2009

I know it was a doc but it was just bad.

I know it was a doc but it was just bad.

Mark A Super Reviewer
    Jul 01, 2009

A humorous look at a not very humorous condition: being fired. This viewer can relate to the subject matter, as he has been fired from numerous jobs, and he has dealt with many of the issues touched on here. The actress, Annabelle Gurwitch, after being fired from a play by Woody Allen, sets out on a quest to interview people from all walks of life to try to find how people cope with losing their livelihood. A lot of the material is tongue-in-cheek, but the underlying message is quite apporpriate in today's economy. The way to get over the trauma of being let go, canned, down-sized, right-sized (my personal favorite), or just plain fired, is to see it as an opportunity to re-invent yourself, capitalizing on your strengths and go out and find another job. This viewer found it quite entertaining, and while it may not be a recipe for recovery, it certainly doesn't hurt to find something to laugh about in the midst of what can undermine one's self-worth. A great deal of humor, but some real poignancy as well, especially the footage about the GM workers in Lansing, MI.

• Jun 22, 2009

I enjoyed watching how the folks involved in the film all tried their best to turn something devastating in their lives into something positive and a chance for a new beginning.

• Jun 01, 2009

I am so digging this documentary: FIRED! "Fired! reminds us that all great success come out of failure and being fired can be a part of the growth process, that humor helps, and that if you're employed in America today your firing may be both the best and the worst thing that can happen in your working life." Even though a firing from a play seems to be different than if I were to be fired, it still has a lot going on in it. "When actress Annabelle Gurwitch was fired from a play by Woody Allen she wondered how she would cope with being fired by a cultural icon. Turning to friends in show business she was assured she was not alone. Once the subject had been broached, everyone she knew from her rabbi and gynecologists to her colleagues had advice and their own accounts of getting the boot to offer. This set her off on a journey to answer the question: was being fired going to be the best thing or worst thing that had happened in her working life." At one point Annabelle goes to a center that helps people figure out what to do with their lives post-firing. During the session the woman asks people, "What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" I knew right away what I would do if I knew that I could not fail: Open my own vintage clothing and accessories store. Maybe some furnishings/home decor on the side. The thought was immediate. I knew, I knew that is what I would do if I could not fail. You can watch the movie on YouTube.com here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaC6t7uw9wQ.