Firelight Reviews

• Dec 15, 2017

Men are not going to like this very romantic movie. I loved it.

Men are not going to like this very romantic movie. I loved it.

• Jun 26, 2015

Love this film. Yes, it is a classic fantasy of "lord marries the nanny" but truly worthy escapism on a rainy afternoon.

• Feb 16, 2015

I loved Stephen Dillane's character and performance.

I loved Stephen Dillane's character and performance.

• Dec 26, 2014

This movie is gripping right from the beginning. Stephen Dillane and Sophie Marceau in front of the firelight ! Man Hot ! What a love scene ! Such a great movie.

• Mar 11, 2013

Aside from the beautiful cinematography, there was nothing much going. The whole premise of the film is flawed and the chemistry between Sophie Marceau and Stephen Dillane did not bring it to life

• Jan 01, 2013

real actors lovely movie

real actors lovely movie

• Sep 29, 2012

A pen-ultimate chick-flick for costume drama romance lovers, this film is visually stunning and the locations beautiful. The little house in the middle of the lake is like something out of a dream. This movie is especially for those whose favorite book is Jane Eyre. To Jeffrey M. Anderson, your critic who found this so boring, I will explain why you find it so--YOU ARE A MALE WHO CAN'T RELATE TO WOMEN'S INTERESTS IN LIFE! If you don't understand women's films, don't review them, in the interest of fairness.

• Apr 28, 2012

Not a masterpiece by any means, but still a nice watch. Very sentimental and sappy, but not to the point of wretching. Wish this one was easier to find on home video Stateside.

• Apr 25, 2012

Firelight is magical. The lighting was amazing and it was well directed with an intriguing script. An erotic romance filled with just the right dose of passion- a rare find.

• Feb 26, 2012

Despite its' flaws and predictability, Firelight is a lovely movie to watch. The costumes, music and actors make this fairytale come to life. My two favorite themes are highlighted, a mother will do anything for her child and love conquers all. Enjoy!