First Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Another cult classic
June 13, 2015
Another cult classic
February 14, 2015
I like Sinbad's character. Very amusing and entertaining.
August 11, 2014
(First viewing - Childhood)
January 2, 2014
1/2/2014: not a bad movie. Sinbad was pretty funny.
½ December 1, 2013
Funny and with a lot of charm, First Kid features a clever, solid performance by Sinbad.
August 17, 2013
This kid is learning to have fun outside the White House!
May 19, 2013
pure entertainment only
March 27, 2013
Loved it as a kid, I'd probably despise it now so let's leave it at that.
February 24, 2013
While watching Sinbad trying to teach the kid to dance cool, I realise that I don't know who dances worse.
February 17, 2013
I have not watched it yet but it looks good
½ February 8, 2013
First Kid can't seem to make up its mind as to whether or not it's a coming-of-age film about the son of the president of the United States, or a vehicle for Sinbad to play a Secret Service man and get into zany hijinx. It tries to do both, and while the results aren't as awful as some other kids' movies. "First Kid" should be Sinbad's best film to date is no surprise, given how many stinkers he's been in. That Sinbad should actually be funny and even somewhat charming in it, much less any movie, is a surprise, though. What really redeems "First Kid" is its performances. As kids' comedies go, this one's fairly topical and, better yet, amusing. Director Evans has a definite flair for kids' stories, having also directed The Sandlot. Sinbad, similarly, has a natural ease with this kind of comedy and is responsible for the lion's share of First Kid's good spirit. As stated before, Sinbad has never been better in a film.

VERDICT: "In The Zone" - [Mixed Reaction] These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own. If you consider cinema, ask for people's opinion on the film. (Films that are rated 2.5 or 3 stars)
February 5, 2013
the toilet paper and paper towel scene ins hilarious! Go Sinbad!
½ February 3, 2013
Watched this on a recommendation and can say I wasn't impressed.
January 22, 2013
Not half bad Disney film from the Clinton era. Plus, Sinbad. Who doesn't miss him?
December 7, 2012
An underrated actor, Sinbad is very good in this comedy-drama about a Secret Service agent who gets the thankless detail of guarding the president's bratty son.
October 27, 2012
More Disney "magic". Sinbad is ok here but the bratty First Kid is neither likable or a character worth sympathy. Did like the video call from Bill Clinton asking the new President if he had seen his missing saxophone around the White House.
July 3, 2012
Decently funny Sinbad vehicle from Disney. One of those movies I adored as a kid, but understand its problems as an adult.
½ June 19, 2012
yes it was a good movie to watch around my nephews...i enjoyed it