First Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

First Knight Reviews

½ March 13, 2014
I for one liked this movie!
December 22, 2013
4 stars for the music, the scenery, memorable scenes such as the obstacle course,..
Thank goodness they left out the abracadabra!
I'd see this movie any time.
October 19, 2013
Sets are realistic and thus quite stunning setting off the movie with true style. Richard plays a cheeky Lancelot which gives the film a modern feel with the rest of the cast giving a very comprehensive characterization. Editing is sharp and succinct giving a smooth continuity allowing the movie to step into romance and fighting seamlessly. Nibbles: Brie Cheesecake.
September 26, 2013
Cheesy costumes, Richard Gere as a stalker version of Lancelot and a gauntlet that seems like the 90's leather version of 'Wipeout'. My advice: turn it on, cover the screen with a blanket and go about your business while listening to Sean Connery talk.
½ September 1, 2013
Ce n'est pas que First Knight soit un si mauvais film, c'est juste qu'il est largement oubliable, jamais vraiment epique, realise de maniere impersonnelle par un Jerry Zucker qui sortait de Ghost et mis en musique sans genie. S'il n'y a rien a redire sur la performance de Julia Ormond et Sean Connery, Richard Gere est absolument catastrophique.
½ August 20, 2013
A great romantic tale, not adapted well in this film. Beautiful scenery and solid performances by Connery and Ormond undercut by awkward slow-motion action shots of Richard Gere.
July 5, 2013
Super cheesy and way over acted. Sean Connery is in it. So it's automatically adequate movie.
July 5, 2013
You would think Richard was the hottest man in the film. Well I'm here to tell you
½ May 13, 2013
camelot form Lancelot's point of view.
½ May 11, 2013
Nothing special, but it does provide some great entertainment
½ May 6, 2013
It only gets this rating because I love Sean Connery so much. The rest of the movie I could easily do without.
May 1, 2013
This was a fun little movie. Interesting take on the Arthur Guinivere and Lancelot story. I thought it had decent action, some things were a little cheesy but overall it was good. I enjoyed it.
May 1, 2013
Richard Gere is a good Lancelot.Overall the film is quite well cast and does feature some good battle scenes.
April 8, 2013
I quickly lost interest in the movie.
½ March 10, 2013
Terrible. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE! Worst film I've ever seen. BAH I can't believe this poop.
February 24, 2013
Sean Connery as King Arthur? Sure! Julia Ormond as Gwenivere? Why not? But...Richard Gere as Lancelot? Meh.
February 20, 2013
Sloppy romantic tale of the love triangle between King Arthur, Lady Guinevere and Sir Lancelot. Easily forgettable, starring heart throb Richard Gere. The alternative take on the Camelot tales coul have been interesting, but the end product is as forgettable and irrelevant as they come.
January 26, 2013
This is a terrible treatment of one of the greatest stories of all time. Not only is it clumsily directed and filled with purple dialogue, but Gere is thoroughly ridiculous as Lancelot.
January 8, 2013
Sean Connery is an actor who compels me to see a movie BECAUSE he is in the movie. This retelling of the King Arthur story focuses more on the relationship between Guenvere and Lancelot. Nice romance, a bit plodding and heavy for my taste, though.
January 5, 2013
Part boring adventure, part child's history lesson. And all lame!