First Love, Last Rites Reviews

• Jun 03, 2010

• Jul 28, 2008

I think this film is very interesting, and in a lot of ways it really does remind me of my youth. There is a definite uncertainty hanging about the two characters in the film, and you you get the sense that they are not quite sure who they are or where they are going. They are looking to one another to provide those answers but, finding that such relief isn't there, they become even further detached. I really like the way their relationship was examined and presented. It's a very careful portrait of adolescent innocence, and the transition into adulthood that comes with the very sudden, stark realization that you have lost it already, and you didn't even know it.

• Sep 19, 2007

good not more but i liked it

good not more but i liked it

• Mar 14, 2007

great .............................

great .............................

• Sep 26, 2006

50/100. This is a strange movie. The young stars spend a lot of time at home being bored, then they have sex, get bored again, listen to a phonograph, have sex, get bored again, talk, talk and talk. Natasha Gregson Wagner looks and sounds so much like her mother sometimes it is eerie. Slow moving, I think it was meant to be that way, perhaps to get the feeling of swampy Louisiana. Wagner's character is very unappealing, and it really hurts the film, but I liked her performance. Offbeat, and it sure doesn't make you feel warm all over.There didn't seem to be much point to the film.