First Man Reviews

• 7h ago

This is a great story. We follow Neil Armstrong to the moon and back and the avdentures with his view point. The film concentrates on the feelings of hardship and hard work to achieve it. We feel the stress. Neil had nerves of steel.

• 1d ago

First Man (rightly) doesn't shy away from the flaws of Armstrong - it would be hard to tell his story without them. Anyone familiar with the Apollo programme and the variety of characters involved would know how much struggle and loss there was. But there's something poignant and beautiful about juxtaposing tragedy with one of mankind's greatest achievements. Gosling does a tremendous job of channelling a stoic and complex man who most of the world only know from a single clip of footage. It perhaps takes some liberties, as one would expect, but it's fairly faithful and a must-see for anyone with any interest in the moon landing.

• 2d ago

Visually stunning, Chazelle's fourth film tells the heartbreaking true story of the moon missions, and the great sacrifices made by all involved. Gosling's performance as the solemn Armstrong portrays the life of a man who was journeying to the stars by day and serving as a husband and father by night. A must watch for anyone interested in space, the moon, or anything to do with science.

• 3d ago

Tremendous. It shows the nuts and bolts (literally) of the mission to the moon. This was not a pleasant film. This showed the inner workings of the mind, husband, wife, children and the people of NASA. Lots of quiet moments with more than what was being portrayed on the outside. Danger everywhere. Now we know, these men were heroes. Truly.

• Mar 23, 2021

A perfect biopic that realises the space race with use of compelling visuals and cinematography.

• Mar 11, 2021

Damien Chazelle lança luz sobre os efeitos pessoais de Neil Armstrong em First Man com direção introspectiva e áudio em movimento. As sequências astronômicas do filme e o desempenho íntimo de Gosling constituem uma peça bastante sólida sobre um dos saltos gigantescos da história da humanidade.

• Mar 03, 2021

Mildly interesting, but he just comes across as a cold fish.

Mildly interesting, but he just comes across as a cold fish.

• Feb 27, 2021

This drama/science movie reminded me of the troubles that we as men have with our loved ones. The difficult in distributing time between our family and our passions.

• Feb 26, 2021

Its a touching story. And Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins will be forever remembered as some of the first space explorers. This film captures that feeling of exploring that new frontier. All in all, it's touching and inspiring.

• Feb 26, 2021

Underrated movie that got snubbed by the Oscar's. Should've won best picture hands down.