First Time Felon Reviews

• Sep 22, 2020

Average HBO TV movie from the 90's. It is basically a prison boot camp film. It is based off of a true story, but the movie has very much a low budget feel to it. Delroy Lindo does a nice job in his supporting role, but the movie doesn't take you anywhere new.

• Aug 05, 2014

"NEVER GIVE UP." Truth. The ultimate story of inspiration through hardship. A toweringly effective true story that will leave you breathless. A touching tale of tragedy, hardship and perseverence that resonates with hope and inspiration. We all strive for the all-important Pursuit Of Happiness, for some it comes naturally and easy, it is given to others and sadly for the overwhelming majority of people it is given up on because of hopelessness. First Time Felon is an overwhelmingly and beautifully touching urban drama that clearly delivers an age old and searingly powerful message in a way that just seeing this film could change one's entire perception of life. Don't give up, Do Not Ever Give Up. We all have a place, we are all meant to be a part of something, we are put here to discover ourselves and find where we belong in society. Actor/Director Charles S. Dutton delivered a powerfully moving film here with a story that delivers a message so intensely powerful that it will stay with you for life. I was touched in so many ways by this film, it was beautifully executed and should be seen once by everyone living on this planet. Life is a sheer struggle for some, whether its financially, health problems, family problems, psychological problems, sociological problems, substance abuse issues.... the message that this film delivers can and will serve as both inspiration, motivation and most importantly feeling as if you belong, that ypu are apart of something. A brilliant urban drama that tugs at your heart and hits both ends of the emotional spectrum. A True masterwork. A legendarily powerful true story of belief in ones self.

• Jul 14, 2014

Hidden Gem! Check It Out Sometime! You Won't Regret It!

Hidden Gem! Check It Out Sometime! You Won't Regret It!

• Jan 08, 2012

• Nov 07, 2011

Goes down the smooth with a shot of honesty.

Goes down the smooth with a shot of honesty.

• Dec 06, 2009

Great movie about 2 prisoners from 2 diffrent gangs sentenced to do time in a boot camp

• Aug 27, 2008

Omar Epps in a great role.

Omar Epps in a great role.

• Aug 26, 2008

• Jun 20, 2008

Chicago 90s type shit right here...Vice Lords and Gangsta Disciples feudin'...the jail life...boot camp...the whole nine...312 style...the movie was hot

• May 12, 2008