The Fisher King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fisher King Reviews

½ January 24, 2015
Well directed, well produced, performed by fantastic talents playing the crazies...
January 18, 2015
Brilliant Bridges & Williams as two men united in tragedy.The sequence of chinese dinner and the finale are fabulous
½ January 18, 2015
Buenas actuaciones y una direcciòn menos estridente a lo que nos acostumbrado su director , una pelicula que cuando la vuelvo a ver me gusta cada vez màs , a pesar de los excesos de Robin Williams.
January 5, 2015
one of my top 10 Robin Williams movies
½ December 30, 2014
In Fisher King, you can connect the dots of Terry Gilliam's works: ragamuffin costumes from Time Bandits, retelling of Arthurian story of Monty Python and The Holy Grail, asylum from 12 Monkeys, paranoia of knight-like figure and dystopic places from Brazil and ideas of delusions and insanity from Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. The chemistry of Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges is one of strongest points that makes this movie worth to watch. But in the end of the day, in terms of screenplay and visual styling, this is not the best of Terry Gilliam.
December 23, 2014
divertida desde que empieza hasta que termina...y definitivamente una de las mejores interpretaciones de Robin Williams
December 5, 2014
Terry Gilliam's fanciful style teamed with Robin William's neurotic and affecting performance is a delightful match made in whimsical, urban fantasy heaven.
November 17, 2014
One of the top 5 performances of Robin Williams' career. The movie has its shortcomings but if you know Terry Gilliam, then you should expect a roller coaster ride through weird fantasy to real life to melodrama to maudlin ideas to perfect little moments in time. It may not be perfect and is not one of Terry Gilliam's better films (see BRAZIL, TWELVE MONKEYS or TIME BANDITS), but it's his own version of movie magic...and that works for me.
November 10, 2014
Gilliam's most accessible film is funny, sad, full of despair and hope, grim reality and bizarre fantasy - usually all at the same time
November 7, 2014
I got this film from Netflix and just watched it. It is a gem. The performances are all so good. I loved it.
½ November 1, 2014
Terry Gilliam's mind is a twisted place. The movies he dreams up and has dreamt up all have this weirdness to them and this one is no exception. It is an incredibly different script for the movie that just rides and rides thanks to Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges supported by one stellar cast.

Having one of the best performances by Robin Williams, who is just spontaneous as the deranged yet deeply philosophical man is just wondrous. Being a huge fan of RW, I had previously missed this movie but now I have watched it and my feelings of missing such a giant of an actor/comedien is pronounced. The timing is impeccable, the dialogues done with fervor and energy that very few can muster, this is a movie surrendering its weight to RW's shoulder and he pulls it out like no other.

The other side is Jeff Bridges. His suave, smooth baritone voice and his ponytail just fit the role of Jack Lucas. A self-centered, self-loathing man modeled, apparently, after the famous Howard Stern. It is an incredible mix of talent and the story is sheer poetry thanks to them.

I loved the movie even though it is in equal parts fantasy, comedy and drama, the weight of the movie is still drama and it does get to you. So, this is not a movie that you'll find yourself going back to. It is a movie that you definitely have to watch, to enjoy and then remember it. However, I am pretty sure each dialogue by RW is a nugget waiting for you to revisit it at a later date. Definitely a movie to catch and it definitely is one of the best movies I have seen.
October 22, 2014
This is a fantastic movie that showed the very best of Jeff Bridges and the late great Robin Williams. A burned-out embittered radio deejay Jack (Bridges) finds personal salvation after he is saved from death by a strange vagabond Parry (Williams) who takes him into a dark, fantastic quest for the Holy Grail. The film is so typical Gilliam where its dark and funny but ultimately brilliant because of the well written story and 2 actors who knew exactly what to do with their wonderful characters
October 18, 2014
A powerful and moving performance by Robin Williams is tempered by Jeff Bridges who just doesn't seem up to the task of portraying a character of any depth. Oh, and that hair! Dare I comment on the gawd-awful early 1990's fashion?
½ October 8, 2014
The comedy is fabular especially an episode on the Holy Grail is impressive. Not only Robin and Jeff but also other actors like Mercedes Ruehl, Amanda Plummer and Michael Jeter are making good job. Especially Mercedes's performance is outstanding. She won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in this movie.
½ October 1, 2014
Incredibly powerful movie, and beautifully acted.
September 29, 2014
Twisty drama with shocking reality. Great performance by Robin Williams
½ September 27, 2014
While it's not as strong as some of Terry Gilliam's other works, it still has very interesting characters, particularly Robin Williams.
September 27, 2014
Uno dei miei film preferiti da ragazzetto: Robin Williams, Jeff Bridges, Amanda Plummer, regia di Terry Gilliam. Film old-school con impianto da cinema classico, estetica da anni 80 ed emotività da anni 90. Capolavoro.
½ September 26, 2014
The Fisher King is one of the most frustrating films I've seen. It delivers on some of its ideas and Terry Gilliam really made an effort in delivering his unique style to a story that's more grounded compared to what we've seen in most of his films. However, the end result is a film that's bizarre but not in a good way. Along with Tideland, this is a film that had the potential but the way that it was delivered makes it somewhat of a wasted opportunity. The plot has a decent start in establishing Jeff Bridges' character and setting in stone what will happen later on in the film but it ends up running all over the place with several odd distracting scenes. This is to be expected in a Terry Gilliam film but rather than make me laugh or leave me impressed by its weirdness, it just left me scratching my head thinking 'what the f**k did I just watch?'Both Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams are great in the two leading roles but much of the supporting cast especially Mercedes Ruehl, Amanda Plummer and Michael Jeter were obnoxious and I didn't like their characters at all (this isn't really their fault, more the script). All in all, this isn't an awful film but as a Gilliam film, it left a lot to be desired.
September 15, 2014
A strange story homeless man who has an unlikely friend. They both encourage each other to live.