32% The Other Woman Apr 25

36% Mixology: Season 1
83% Modern Family: Season 5
—— The Soul Man: Season 3
—— Suburgatory: Season 3

Hong Wending san po bai lian jiao (Fists of the White Lotus) (Clan of the White Lotus) Reviews

DragonEyeMorrison
DragonEyeMorrison

August 10, 2008
Lo Lieh greatness + rad techniques + Kara Hui = Yes sir. It's martial arts flick 101, but done right. Lo Lieh is one of the best movie villians ever, this is a fact.
March 12, 2012
Definitely one of the first Shaw Brothers movies one should scope out if you're exploring these old films. It has all the great fight choreography, vivid characters, and comedy you'll be looking for. And as mentioned, the villain is amazing.
dreadinny
April 7, 2009
I like the twist in this one. The lead character has to learn Kung Fu from his WIFE in order to beat the town baddass. Her softer style throws off the evil master. A good flick. Note that the cover on this site is OLD. There is a newer remastered version that is crisp and clear. That is what I watch!
engrymfilm
January 21, 2009
Would you have ever thought to say about a Shaw Brothers movie that the coolest part wasn't the fighting or the finishing moves but a bathtub? I mean Pai Mei uses the best bathtub I've ever seen in my life.
SamuraiJeff
February 21, 2007
Super Fun. Its like the rocky of Kung Fu movies, this dude just never gives up. Gordon Liu is my personal favorite kung fu star and its unfortunate that most of his films havent been given the proper treatment in the US. Also features my second favorite movie villian Pai Mei.
John Serrano
July 25, 2012
Even with some exceptional fight scenes, Clan of the White Lotus is still pretty weird, dated, and lame just like its "prequel" Executioners From Shaolin. Pretty much everything else is either frustrating or tiresome but the fight scenes will keep you well entertained. It's one of the many classic kung fu films that have really fantastic choreography but you have to sit through some weird 70s cheesiness to get to it. Luckily, this film is almost non-stop action.
Michael H.
December 9, 2011
Above average old school martial arts film. Clever in setting up the necessity of our hero's learning a lighter feminine style of Kung Fu in order to triumph.