Fitzwilly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fitzwilly Reviews

April 20, 2014
This is a great movie! Dick Van Dyke is at is comedic best in this film and the supporting cast is outstanding. I love old films and I watch them often and this is another great comedy. Opinions vary, but watch the whole film before you rate it and remember that this was filmed in 1967. It's a great film!
December 25, 2013
Essential fare for XMas for above the 4 hour old and the rest of he family. Wonder bandter and criticisism o envland hide bougn socideyt.
January 19, 2013
Somewhat innovative but not funny enough to rise above routine.
½ December 23, 2012
Watching a film called "Fitzwilly" from 1967 and starring the legend Dick Van Dyke... Very entertaining film. (12-23-12)

Van Dyke is at his best here - charming, witty and slaying the audience with his clean, fun humor and in the midst of a fun crime caper with its heart in the right place.
December 15, 2011
Witty humor and a heart warming story. Great chemistry between Van Dyke and Feldon.
September 30, 2011
interesting to see Barbara Feldon in something other than Get Smart
½ July 24, 2011
Charming throughout, but the absolute mayhem of the climax is really something to see.
½ May 16, 2011
Dick Van Dyke showcases some accents and characters as he plays a butler who steals in order to pay for his employer's lifestyle since she doesn't know she is broke. Lots of character actors support Van Dyke including John McGiver and John Fiedler and Sam Waterson in his first role. The comedy is great and it is a clever and witty script that is paced nicely. Lots of fun and quite enjoyable.
½ December 11, 2010
A good comedy for the most part, and it has a good cast, but I think it could have been better. I saw only the second half of this movie on TV, and I'd like to see the whole movie sometime.
November 27, 2010
It's odd to see Dick Van Dyke as a sort of lovable bad guy, but this comedy about a butler who resorts to crime when his employer has run out of money is both clever and funny.
February 25, 2010
A delightful Christmas caper showcasing the best of Dick Van Dyke and Barbara Feldon. This is my favorite holiday movie and I wish they would release it on DVD.
½ January 2, 2010
This is one of the best comedy films I have ever seen. It really lifts my spirits when I am down. Dick Van Dyke and Barbara Feldon were great as well as having an excellent supporting cast. Of course the whole premise of the film is preposterous. Sooner or later Fitzwilly and crew would have been caught. But then I don't think being realistic makes for a good comedy. I will say that the film was never intended to be taken seriously. I recommend this film if you like comedies.
December 20, 2009
A joy to watch with laughs and intrigue
December 17, 2009
Not too impressed. This was not some of the better works of Dick Van Dyke. Of course, how can you compare anything to Mary Poppins. But now, we're dealing with a butler who has fallen in love with his mistress' stenographer. Trouble was... I never saw him fall in love. Sure he kissed her which might have begun the love flowing, face guzzling, meetings in the study but what brought the kiss. I didn't see a connection. And who's heard of Barbara Feldon. I've certainly never heard of her which might lead me to conclusions about her career and how long it lasted. When I walk away from Fitzwilly you will only hear me say, "Time for a Samson and Delilah."
½ December 11, 2009
A good overall comedy about a butler (Van Dyke) who turns himself and his staff into criminals to keep their employer (Evans) in the luxuries she is used too since her father died and left her broke, though she does not know this. What really brings this film together is the amazing cast from Van Dyke to the alluring Feldon (Get Smart) to amazing character actors, Edith Evans and John McGiver. Even has Sam Waterson (Law and Order) in a very very early role. Might be slightly dated for a pure comedy but just the great understated comic feel and the amazing acting makes this a fun film to watch.
March 24, 2009
Somehow this movie slipped through the cracks and I've never seen it until just now. Delighted to see Dick Van Dyke, Barbara Feldon and John McGiver in (for me) something new. Yes, the plot is unlikely but its sweet '60's fun. Less jokey and more character and situation driven, its an easy relaxing view. I have no idea why Feldon didn't go farther than she did. She's a dream in this one.
March 3, 2008
I just found out about this movie this weekend!! I must see it! Just for the sheer fact that it stars Barbara Feldon and DVD I am making it a favorite. There seems to be 4 VHS copies left to buy in the world. Birthday present anyone? Also, little known fact - a young John Williams scored this movie. What more could you want?
October 10, 2007
An absolute classic! I love the dictionary idea. Too bad it isn't real for some people. LOL Fitzwilly was very inventive!
September 21, 2007
This movie is an old one but still very good caper movie. Not sure if they should remake this one or not they might fuck it up, hilarious too
July 21, 2007
One of my favorite films from childhood. Dick Van Dyke and Barbara Feldon make a perfect romantic couple!