Five Across the Eyes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Five Across the Eyes Reviews

½ March 7, 2016
Absolutely fucking dreadful. The 2nd worst movie I have ever watched. And I have seen a lot!
April 20, 2013
There's a car chase scene in the movie where one girl shits in her hand and throws it at her attacker. Cool, right? Unfortunately we don't get to see it much because by that time the hand-held cameras (or is it mobile phones?) will have you in dizzy trippiness, and if that is not so then the blurriness will fix you just fine. Acting is non-existent and you can forget about lightning. This is the no-budget zone. The dialogue will have you in fits.
But the natural settings are suitable for a sense of genuine menace and the girls' continuous screaming, much like a Sonic Youth record, eventually crawls just under your skin. Violence is almost all of it off-screen so not much gore but you do sense its nastiness. There's a toolbox.
No better horror like The Last House On The Left and I Spit On Your Grave have been praised as 'groundbreaking' and 'influential' and it's a shame really because at the very least Five Across The Eyes never takes its self that seriously (nifty Euro-tune at the end credits). Hopefully this little indie will shift a few hundred units but even so once, and only once, should be enough.
½ March 19, 2013
For a film with such a small budget, this one is pretty good. It's creepy and funny, both intentionally and not. The quality of picture, sound and acting takes some tolerance but all in all it's really fun. And messed up.
½ June 18, 2012
Five Across The Eyes is a film which was made for a reported $4,000 and boy does it show. The premise is that there are 5 teenage girls driving home from a football match but they're lost and they bump into someones car, they then panic and drive off without leaving so much as a note or even attempting to finding the owner. Once he discovers what has happened, the owner of said car is none too happy and decides to chase them down.

It sounds like a workable enough concept however this film is so fundamentally flawed in pretty much every department that FATE (hows that for an acronym?) is barely even watchable. I'll acknowledge the minuscule budget again however if I were to go out and make an incomprehensible film with my camcorder and then sent it out to various film-festivals I wouldn't expect anything less than a critical pasting regardless of how much money I did or didn't spend or how many 'non-actors' I used, so here goes.

First thing's first, the dialogue is terrible, I was going to write down some examples but there became too many. It's just inane, as are the characters, and I used that term loosely. Of course the dialogue isn't helped by the pitiful acting on display. These are 'non-actors' and from what I can see only one of the cast has actually done film work since this, according to the imdb anyway. The reasons for this are clear to anyone who has seen this film, however just because they are 'non-actors' it doesn't mean their acting has to be quite this atrocious. When I was a student I made a short film and I used drama students, the result was that a cast of technically 'non-actors' could actually act quite well and thus it was probably the strongest aspect of my rather clunky ten minute film. What I am saying is there just isn't any excuse.

It's not even like there are any redeeming features, the camera work is so shockingly bad that it is nearly impossible to see what is going on. It is a grainy handheld camera which spends most of the film inside the car. In theory this should help to create a claustrophobic atmosphere but it is nothing more than an annoyance. There are scenes where they girls think they are free of danger only to see a set of headlights appear in the distance. It's a good job that we are informed of this verbally because the picture is so grainy and downright indistinguishable that we cant see anything for ourselves. In fact it's difficult enough to make out the people in the car let alone whatever might be outside. Then there are the scenes when the girls are panicking within the car and the camera goes berserk pointing indiscriminately in every direction regardless of where the 'action' is actually happening. It just sucks the will to live from within everyone who is watching it, well mine anyway.

The fact that this film has a DVD release which appears to be the on par with any other 'horror' films is terribly misleading too. There are various kudos from supposedly respectable websites and references to certain nominations for certain awards, the Razzies no doubt. This is nothing more than a hodgepodge and is one of the most excruciating films I've ever experienced. Avoid, if only for your own sanity.
May 6, 2012
i hated this movie so much
½ February 25, 2012
wow reading the reviews below on this one people dont know decent horror , This was a well done movie done in 8mm style with the grainy look in the film , what people dont realize is the more real it is the scarier it is BECAUSE THIS MOVIE COULD HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE . thats what makes it scary not CGI or any other special effects . its Reality people . stuff like this happens all the time. But there are a few problems i have with this , even though the girls were scared shitless common sense should fall into play after you calm down a bit , instead of trying to deflait the tires pull the plug wires , its alot easier and faster . or puncture the radiator . The other problem i had was all the screaming you couldnt understand what was being said . all and all a decent movie
December 5, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011

(2006) Five Across The Eyes
HORROR

Cheapie looking, done by via- camcorder made in the same fashion as "The Blair Witch Project" except that all of the events happen at a car and a deserted highway! This thing that's called a film focuses on 5 young teenage girls on their way home, decide to stop by for some directions. After driving away from an accidental hit on run causing a dented fender of a SUV, they soon realize that the person they hit was a psychotic lunitic who does nothing but stalks and terrorizes these five teenage girls througout the entire film which resulted in plenty of bawling and wailing and sometimes unconvincingly so. The fast-forward helped past time since it consists of alot of pointless babbling and screaming. Made like a student project film with second rate acting from a bunch of wannabes!

Bomb
Japes
October 16, 2011
The film crew of this movie obviously didn't give a flying fuck about this film. Even if the director of this film got some of his buddies to watch it and give their opinion on it, I know for a fact the people would have said "Yo man, this work is a piece of shit bro. You can do better than that. Girls are hot though, but for real man, you couldn't pay me to sit through this shit." (assuming the people he asked were college boys, in which case their critique would have gone something like that).

I just watched this movie because I know I will have to make films for college probably by the beginning of next year. I saw this movie was a low budget, horror flick that most likely used student actors. The movies I will have to make will also be low budget and use student actors, however my movies will be of much higher quality with talented actors and a plot that doesn't make me want to vomit. Everything about "Five Across the Eyes" is so like atrocious, I can't really take it seriously.

I really like the poster of this film though. It shows emotional tension, fear, hopelessness, and blood. If only the movie was half as good as the poster....Anyway, I watched the credits and it seriously looks like 5 people worked on this film, there was like hardly any film crew lol. Just goes to show how blatantly awful this movie was.
½ October 4, 2011
Absolutely the biggest pile of shit movie in existence.
½ September 20, 2011
The film is Really Really bad
½ September 13, 2011
This movie is AMAZING:P A fantastic actors play, plot is a bit strange and bizarre, but overall is a great movie with a really powerful ending.
½ June 20, 2011
such a terrible movie never wanna watch it again
½ June 13, 2011
This film is so bad....probably the worst I have ever seen. Hard to even watch as the camera is grainy and shaking all over the place. Didn't realise it was a homemade effort as the cover does look half decent. Seen more professional YouTube videos. Also the acting is shocking, just girls constantly screaming and crying, and when they do talk it's as if it's un-scripted, they simply pause a lot and don't really know what to say. Hardly any gore either, you just keep hearing gunshots in the night. Half decent stabbing and cremation at the end, but not worth renting....or even downloading for that matter. AVOID!
½ February 2, 2011
Worst movie I've ever seen.
½ January 13, 2011
This was honestly one of the worst movies I have ever seen!
½ January 3, 2011
Intense little terror-flick with rural setting about five girlfriends chased by psychotic lady. Effective, because the movie appears to be shot with a cellphone-cam.
December 27, 2010
Filmada con un par de camaras de video digital baratas, 6 no actores y un guion que cabe en una servilleta, no sorprende que esto sea una berretada. Encima creo que la escena antefinal pretende ser tomada en serio como observacion sobre la lucha generacional. Risible.
August 10, 2010
This is a good idea. It's gory, unpleasant and could happen. The acting is some of the WORST I've EVER seen... but I bought it for a dollar, so that didn't offend me. The only thing about that is that it is SO bad, that it distracts you from what's going on sometimes. This is worth a watch I figure. I'll probably watch it again.
½ July 27, 2010
Bad low budget movie not one good thing about it.
June 12, 2010
Five across the eyes is a pretty good movie for a LOW-BUDGET one. It's sort of like a "Blair witch Project" style kind of,,,. The quality of the video isnt that bad, since it is filmed by a cam.corder. Also, the acting: i was pretty surprised by it, it was not great but good. Espcially when the suspense was going on.

The reason why i didn't give it 100, was because of two things: First, the music in the background kind of ruined the suspense..there gold (i think)was to make it look real by filming with a cam.corder to give the effect that it is really happening. Second, some scenes were a lil'bit slow but not too much. The makeupfx ( the blood and gore) were really good, cuz if they used some CGI it would completely destroy the effect of " its really happening".

For those whodon't know what the movie is about, its about five teenage girls who stumble upon a road named the eyes. They are chased by a phsychopath,,, and so on.

It's a really good movie, if u like those sort of film, go and rent it. Or if your just looking for a low-budget fun movie, u wouldn't want to miss this one :)