Five Dances Reviews

• Aug 01, 2019

the movie has many great moments some scenes are so beautifully done its sad the rest of the movie isn't that great. the acting is ok but nothing outstanding the romance is believable enough but not the most captivating and the overall movie is just meh. some of the best scenes in the movie are dance scenes that are very well done. there is a scenes in the movie that is so amateur its funny which isn't good. I love LGBT movies and there are many better ones than this one but its ok enough.

• Jun 17, 2016

This was so heartwarming,so sweet and so beautiful!The dances were the center piece of this movie,and I loved how they had the same screen time than the narrative.It was so beautiful,so artistic and it felt so good to finally have a happy,warm ending.I enjoyed it tremendously!

• Jun 30, 2015

To be honest, this was insanely boring. It was recommended to me by a friend when I asked for recommendations for gay movies. There was some intensity, some drama, but all in all it was an excuse for complex ballet sequences. It was boring and there was basically no plot. The summary implies a coming of age story, one where the protagonist has to deal with being pulled in two different directions. There was none of that. I guess there was a hot sex scene at the very end that came out of absolutely nowhere, because the two characters didn't even speak to each other until the last half hour of the film. That's all it has going for it. I'm only rating it this high because I really love gay cinema and like supporting it, but this was fully disappointing.

• Jun 10, 2015

Cute story. Very choppy and I didn't fully believe the character arcs, but the love scene was great! Lol. In the comments I posted the BEAUTIFUL dance duet by Chip and Theo.

• Apr 05, 2015

First of all if you don't like modern dance, this film isn't for you. Since basically it's various dance scenes with a movie filling in between the dance scenes. The best parts of the film are the beautiful dance scenes with Ryan Steele and Reed Laplau.

• Mar 15, 2015

This was a beautiful story with some very talented dancers.

This was a beautiful story with some very talented dancers.

• Nov 25, 2014

Maybe they'd grow in someone else...

Maybe they'd grow in someone else...

• Nov 11, 2014

romântico na medida, elenco talentoso e linda trilha sonora

romântico na medida, elenco talentoso e linda trilha sonora

• Oct 15, 2014

This is a seriously beautiful, wonderfully romantic, subtly erotic and overall compelling love story. Only if the thought of two guys falling in love turns you off should you you not enjoy this. Otherwise, it is an engaging story of developing love told largely through dance. Not since "E Tu Mama Tambien" have an seen such a real understanding of relationships portrayed on screen. Really, really, loved this movie.

• Oct 07, 2014

Nice indie movie. Not a big budget, but a big talent. Feel good movie.

Nice indie movie. Not a big budget, but a big talent. Feel good movie.