Five on the Black Hand Side - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Five on the Black Hand Side Reviews

January 27, 2016
Crossing another unseen Blaxploitation film off the list, this one was a very pleasant surprise as it covers very different material from other films of the same era. We see a previously meek wife finally start to stand up for herself and her children with their (presumably well meaning) domineering father, and it's a helluva lot of fun.

It was well worth tracking this one down, give it a look.
½ March 26, 2014
not bad B movie fare
½ February 26, 2012
What this movie lacks in production quality and even acting/direction is made up for in content quality. It makes a pretty decent attempt and defining a black family of the 70's that was stretched across several extremes of social idealism.

I've got to give it to them. I was tempted to give up on it several times but I'm glad I didn't cause by the end, not only did it make me think, but it left me with a warm feeling that is all to rare with movies of this era/genre.
½ January 25, 2012
Before Tyler Perry and Spike Lee there was Brock Peters and his attempt to instill Black Pride and family togetherness. Take a closer look at this top film from 1973.
½ October 2, 2011
A stark contrast to most of the African American films of the early seventies. Very positive.
½ September 23, 2011
good slice of life flick, just needed 2 follow thru on the characterization.
½ September 20, 2011
so so blacksploitation flick.
July 12, 2011
Middle class famil rebel against their domineering father/husband. Allegedly a comedy but this is woefully dated and probably wasn't very funny in 1973 either.