Five Weeks in a Balloon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Five Weeks in a Balloon Reviews

January 22, 2014
The greatest, fantasticist, amazoinking adventuretacular fun for the whole wholesome family!
½ October 7, 2013
Worth seeing if only for Lorre, Buttons, & Eden. Colorful children's flick - or a late night flick.
July 30, 2013
Not for everyone, I suppose, at times dry and at other times over-silly and contrived, but always fun, and with the added bonus or a memorable theme song performed by The Brothers Four.....
½ July 17, 2013
a knock off of 'around the world in 80 days' mixed with 'voyage to the bottom of the sea'
½ August 22, 2011
Not bad for an older movie
½ November 24, 2010
This movie is reminiscent of Voyage to the Bottom of the sea mostly because of the cast and because of the theme and plot. I liked this movie better, it's more exciting, but still it's not a great movie.
½ April 15, 2010
Kiddie matinee hokum. The theme song cracked me up every time, but there's only so many times the "will the balloon lift off before they get hit by spears" is going to work. Also: between stuff like this and the fact that westerns used to be such a big deal, were the kids of yesteryear just more historically inclined? Not that this has any particular accuracy, I just have a hard time picturing children sitting still for a movie about British colonialists racing to plant their flag in uncharted Africa before slave traders do. (And while I think of it, the whole climax with them racing neck and neck to see who plants a flag first made the vagaries of land ownership seem even weirder - it's not like this is a scavenger hunt, so what exactly does a witnessed flag planting prove again?)
jjnxn
September 4, 2009
Strictly for the Saturday matinee. Artificial and lumbering.
December 31, 2008
Ok. It's nice to see Buttons with a bigger role.
June 25, 2008
Lorre! Anyway, it was OK. Had some fun parts, but seemed pretty slow for the most part.
½ March 1, 2008
An excellent adventure story: but then again, I love stories that involve quests, danger, exotic locales, flight, beautiful women and lovable comic reliefs (like Red Buttons).
December 3, 2007
An entertaining old flick. Some good lines for a laugh. And I was hearing lines I could have swore I have heard in other more recent movies.
September 4, 2007