Flashback - Mörderische Ferien Reviews

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Jul 28, 2012

Was impressed by the sophisticated script and brilliant acting. The film incorporated an urban legend which was quite surprising. The film followed the classic formula for slasher but added extras twists, it was successful at being suspenseful as (despite I knew what really happened in the beginning) the suspicious characters were killed off early on. The title flashback served the content well as it does include many flashbacks. The age of the actors seemed a little bit uneven but the acting was satisfactory. The mental institution scene was a bit unnecessary, but overall the film was hilarious, a little bit slow paced but characters developed well. The shots were cleverly used, each one of them added additional horror. It was an enjoyable experience.

• Jan 29, 2012

A nice whodunit slasher. Better than expected

A nice whodunit slasher. Better than expected

• Sep 29, 2011

An entertaining German slasher film, Flashback never really moves into original territory, but it manages to entertain horror fans from beginning to end with its cheesy adherence to genre standards and its attempt to include plot twists.

• Jan 19, 2011

AWESOME German slasher from 2000! I highly recommend it to fans of the genre, it's available for instant-viewing on Netflix. Unfortunately it's only available dubbed in English, but it really doesn't take away from this great late slasher! I will probably buy this ASAP if not only to watch it again in it's original language.

• Wahida K Super Reviewer
    Dec 05, 2009

A great Horror/Thriller Made in Germany. I was very surprised how great the Movie was. One by One.

• Jan 25, 2009

its a surprise. But when i watched it for a second time i didnt really liked it so much. first view was good.

• Dec 21, 2008

A good German slasher with a good amount of gore not for everyone though. I thought it was entertaining to say the least.

• Jul 26, 2008

With it's tongue planted firmly in it's cheek, Flashback successfully delivers the kills, thrills, some intentional humour, and a few obvious nods to previous genre films . Although it drags ever-so-slightly in the middle, it more than redeems itself with a truly satisfying final act that will leave you on the edge of your seat. German slasher fun!

• May 15, 2008

Brilliant German slasher-flick. Good quality, decent story line and lots of genre references. Reminded me of Scream and IKWYDLS.

• Mar 26, 2008

Plus que nul. J'ai arrêté après vingt minutes.

Plus que nul. J'ai arrêté après vingt minutes.