Flashpoint - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flashpoint Reviews

August 7, 2015
I love movies that have an entire plotline of their own, but ends up tying in to an historical event that has been controversial or wrapped in mystery, which in the end, offers an alternative to the popular belief. Another example would be The Hunt For Red October.
May 26, 2014
I somewhat know why HBO does not want people to know about this film but it is a good movie. Kris Kristofferson kills Kirkwood Smith over the gun that shot JFK. Come on people it is something that needs to be watched.
½ May 26, 2014
This is a pretty good movie! I thought it would be a cheesy action flick but I was wrong. Great story and a great cast. This is worth checking out.
April 7, 2014
Grim discovery by Texas Border Patrol includes $800,000 in cash and a skeleton with links to the Kennedy Assassination. A definite winner that exceeded my expectations. This movie sat around my house for over two years, I really should have watched it a lot sooner.
November 1, 2013
I always like to plug obscure films that are also good. Especially films about the JFK Assassination. This film shows how the Federal government could try to cover up who was behind the JFK Assassination. The film was well acted. But I did not like how the film fails to really come up with a concrete theory on who was behind the assassination & why JFK was killed. The film does loosely suggest that the Dallas Police & the Federal government was behind the killing. But fail to explain why. My interpretation would suggest that the film also implies that JFK was killed at least partly because he wanted to get rid of the Federal Reserve System & supported the silver backing of currency.

This could have been a great movie; if it would have had a theory to analyze. I personally believe that LBJ along with the Military-Industrial Complex & the Business establishment had him killed, because he wanted to get out of Vietnam, JFK wanted to cut the oil depletion allowance, and wanted to dump the Federal Reserve. He was a large threat to the Texas Oligarchy that essentially runs the country. JFK was killed more due to economics than anything else. I am well read on the subject for more than 20 years. The Texas Oil Barons were also huge lobbyists for the Vietnam War.

I do think that this film was better than Ruby (1992). I do not think it was as good as JFK or Executive Action or The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald (1976). I think that Executive Action was the best in this genre. Flashpoint has a lot to say about our government & about life. It's cynical but also very entertaining. It was actually better, than I thought it would be. The film was also way ahead of its time in predicting the surveillance state of the Federal government. Really good performances from Torn & Kristofferson. Don't miss this one.
June 6, 2013
Very good crime yarn about 2 border patrols who undercover a wack load of cash and a dead body from the 1960's. Another instance of how much knowledge the american government covers up and controls and what we need to know and how much they want us to know.
April 21, 2013
Great thriller. Solid story. you will not forget this movie after you see it. I saw it when I was 16. I still remember it.
February 6, 2013
Had never hear of this film prior to viewing but liked it quite a bit. Two Texas border patrol guards find a jeep buried for two decades with $800k in it and possible ties to the Kennedy assassination. Good support cast, particularly Kurtwood Smith, who plays a great bad guy. He just looks like the type of person neighbours would describe as someone "who kept to himself" after bad things come out about him.
January 8, 2013
I saw this movie probably, in 1986 and it had a serious imprint in my mind. Ever since, wanted to watch it again but until today it was not materialize. Things change in between 27 years of span and hope I could write something good on my 2nd spell.
February 8, 2012
My parents watched this when I was a teenager and they wouldn't let me watch it cause it was inappropriate. It was pretty good.
December 5, 2011
Growing up I used to get excited as shit whenever they had a free Super Channel weekend. What that is was the Canadian pay TV channel for free for about 2 & a half day. I used to highlight the TV guild for all the movies that I wanted to see. This is where I originally saw Flashpoint. It's been @ least 25 years since Ive seen & this movies is still barely talked about. That's too bad because it's fucking good. I think that it falls victim like many of Treat Williams movies that they suffer box office death only to try to find a life on pay TV. Williams has never been a great box office draw that Im surprised that he still has a career after all these years. Flashpoint is another under appreciated film of his. In fact it's another great film for Kris Kristofferson. These 2 actors don't get the respect the rightly deserve. Nobody in this film does. Hell Kurtwood Smith is a fantastic son of a bitch here & nobody made note of his career until he was cast as Red Forman in That 70's Show
October 24, 2011
Wow, this would've been even better with an authentic western soundtrack instead of... ugh, Tangerine Dream. Other than that, I think they could've tried to hint at the mystery man's identity a little more at the library.

Other than that, a reasonably solid story.
June 13, 2010
Considering it was only modestly budgeted it was a good thriller. Quite eerie in places. The soundtrack makes it seem a bit dated. In some ways quite a believable plot.
September 2, 2009
This film reminded me of No Country for Old Men minus the profundity plus the conspiracy. A constantly shirtless Kris Kristofferson (in tons of great films) and Treat Williams (a terrible actor) have good chemistry as two good ol' boys who stumble onto a fortune that only brings them bad luck. As a conspiracy flick it's pretty decent as it doesn't get bogged down in details and just presents everything matter of factly instead of going the dipshit Oliver Stone route. Rip Torn shows up and does Rip Torn, Kurtwood Smith plays a great scumbag and has a good lil' monologue about America. It's a shame the role he's forever known for is that 70s show nonsense instead of something like this or Robocop. The end's a bit rubbish and lazy but everything preceding gives you an above-average ninety minutes.
½ March 29, 2009
Good story with good actors (even if i do keep mistaking Treat Williams for Tommy Lee Jones). Nice little border town western with a little JFK conspiricy theory thrown in.
shesdownbytheriver
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
January 21, 2009
I must admit that I am a bit biased about this one, as I haven't seen it for some ten years before today's occassion, and those ten years back I enjoyed it so much I still have a sort of a soft spot for it. Now I see that the plot is a bit simple and has its weak moments, but the charisma of Kris Kristofferson and the whole atmosphere of Texas border still have great impact on me.
November 26, 2008
great movie..wish I could find it somewhere
November 3, 2008
good movie with notable actors. Three of which were in the Robocop series. It was definitely a movie I felt that started out strong but seemed to be hampered by budgetary reasons. I felt the story could have been expanded more but then it is one of those movies that is between a B movie and an A movie. I don't know how to describe it.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.