Flatland: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flatland: The Movie Reviews

August 25, 2016
It was a very weird movie but I enjoyed it. Btw, the movie synopsis is completely off. Here's a better one:

The story is about a square named A Square living in a two-dimensional world. He meets a sphere who teaches him,"The Gospel of the 3rd Dimension." Such a gospel is considered heretical in the two-dimensional world, so he is chased by the police for this.

So basically, it's a square learning what infinity is. The story isn't well designed, but it has a couple interesting morals and even covers a concept that is very hard to grasp, the 4th dimension. However, the movie is mostly a religious and social commentary.
December 30, 2015
Best movie I ever saw!!!!!
½ May 22, 2012
I think it has a great political message but the effects are horrible and the script a little stupid sometimes, I think it could have been better, the soundtrack is amazing though
April 29, 2012
A four-star rating for a fourth-dimension film concept.
April 16, 2012
This movie sucked. It was weird, confusing, and boring. I hoped it would be good because of Martin Sheen, but no.
March 30, 2012
We were forced to watch this in math class.
Avoid at all costs!
March 12, 2012
This is probably the greatest film you will ever see. It's a cinematic masterpiece that will probably be remembered, and misunderstood even, for generations. Inception got nothing on this movie. This film is so great, that you can't even rate in on the star scale. It's above 5 stars but it also has no stars. It's more than a film. It's an experience.
March 4, 2011
great and educational!
½ February 12, 2011
Obviously it was no comparison to the book. Was certainly curious to see how they'd make this into a movie and must say it was pretty well done, occasionally even humorous!
September 15, 2010
A four-star rating for a fourth-dimension film concept.
½ September 3, 2010
Sweet, but really different from the original story. Ppl should read the book.
May 1, 2010
What else would I be watching on a Saturday night?
January 24, 2010
Honestly, I was a bit let down, just because I know how good the book is and how this didn't quite live up to that. Regardless, it was still mildly entertaining and would seem like wacky fun to someone who hasn't read the book.
½ December 19, 2009
Not bad for a ½ hour film that takes place in two dimensions. In fact, quite ingenious!
July 29, 2009
This movie should get students interested in the idea of the fourth dimension. It has a section that demonstrates what the 3 dimensional cross sections of a hypercube look like! I own this DVD.
½ July 23, 2009
One of my favorites. I've seen several versions of this and read the original by Edwin Abott. It's a great metaphor for the 'scientific' explanation of spiritual/paranormal phenomena. I own it, have watched it several times, and I recommend it.. only 35 minutes long, too.
June 14, 2009
Watched in Honors Geometry Class
Really strange
½ March 27, 2009
Geometry fans, don't miss it!
½ March 14, 2009
has got its funny moments, but the book inspired much more imagination when it comes to this movie
½ February 9, 2009
Weird and yet strangely interesting.