The Flight of Dragons - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flight of Dragons Reviews

October 17, 2017
A gem from my childhood and forever embedded in my memory, watching it again makes me marvel at how it is still very much a fantasy story in the veins of The Lord of The Rings with some rather dark villains, but it really does turn some of the usual fantasy genre elements around into something quite unique. Give me this sort of fantasy any day than the Game of Thrones stuff.
October 31, 2016
All time favorite movie, this movie defined for me what a grand fantasy adventure was.
½ May 6, 2016
Beautiful story who merge science and fantasy. Apart of the drawing quality that movie is a classic in your movie collection
½ November 5, 2015
Nobody can beat the legacy which Rankin/Bass has created, and boy does it shine through this one or not!?
August 19, 2015
Wonderful piece of my childhood is a more or less unknown gem by Rankin-Bass, the same production house that made The Last Unicorn. I actually like it much better than The Last Unicorn.

Fantastic voice acting from John Denver as Peter Dickinson, James Earl Jones as Ommadon (think Vader but darker), and Harry Morgan as Carolinus.
April 30, 2015
Mesmerizing and brilliant hidden gem from Rankin/Bass.
March 30, 2015
It's the best animation ever made, Gorbas, Arak, Sir Orin ... incredible characters. My favorite movie when kid , i watched it again and liked it more than when i was a kid.
March 19, 2015
One of my childhood favorite animations. A classics.
December 24, 2014
This film has everything that makes a children's film amazing: Escapism, adventure and imagination yet is held together by a fantastic plot addressing all sorts of issues we face as both children and adults making it suitable for all. Change, ageing, facing up to your demons, good: "Good would be totally impotent without the contrast of evil" and evil: "I have weapons you would not dare use, fear rules all man ... he will use science and logic to destroy himself ... turn brother against brother ... greed and avarice shall prevail" Pretty deep for a children's film! The music is fantastic and compliments each scene perfectly. All the best films do.
October 29, 2014
Despite poor animation, the character designs and plot are very good.
October 4, 2014
This movie was my child hood! I remember almost everything about it!
February 11, 2014
Lovely classic timeless tale. Great childhood movie.
October 9, 2013
Yet another film from Rankin & Bass, this epic fantasy may be light on story and well developed characters but it's colorful and fun setting is well worth the watch.
October 1, 2013
I have been a fan of this film for a long time and it is one of my favorites
August 14, 2013
Simply fantastic. A true classic, even its flaws are charming.
July 26, 2013
While my kids definitely liked it, I wasn't a huge fan. It's back & forth between science & magic was neat, as was the final battle with the ogre & the flight of dragons, but the final defeat of the bad wizard by spouting science was a little odd. Not terrible, but not great.
June 3, 2013
very fun movie to watch!!!!
February 13, 2013
La recuerdo como si fuera ayer, musica, animacion, y el gran final, que a un chaval le choca, pero es mas que curioso verlo plasmado en una peli para ninyos: la ciencia vence a la magia.
December 26, 2012
This is just an awesome cartoon fantasy adventure. Ive remembered it ever since i was young and would love to see it again
½ October 14, 2012
While the animation and voice acting could have been better, there is no denying the strength of the story and themes! Would love to see a live-action version of this someday!!! Please, Hollywood?