The Flight of Dragons - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flight of Dragons Reviews

September 28, 2012
Poor animation and by the numbers plot is saved from complete mediocrity by the amusing inclusion of science.
½ August 30, 2012
its dark but cool. animation kinda sloppy
July 18, 2012
I absolutely love this film. It has a beautiful soundtrack and amazing animation. It keeps you hooked by every moment.
I loved this film when I was 5 and I still love it now at 19. It is a great watch with a fresh story. The DVD cover does sell it to a younger audience but that is not the case, it is THE fantasy tale. Elves, wizards, trolls, knights princesses monsters magic, and of course dragons. A truly underrated animation.
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting
½ April 5, 2012
Great childrens film, watched a lot while growing up. A bit dated now but an interesting storyline with good music.
January 25, 2012
Many heroic figures (both male and female) in this movie display attributes that are uncommon in today's younger generation. This movie set a foundation for me to want to be honorable like the knight, wise like a wizard, brave like a rouge, and logical like the main character who is a 'man of science'.
It is to be enjoyed by children and adults alike. Become inspired by these characters as I have. Let the music enchant you and the animation charm you.
I cannot say enough for this movie.
December 7, 2011
This was a movie that I loved growing up. We had a VHS copy of it taped off the TV.

I find watching it 25 years later that the movie really still holds up. The voice acting is exemplary, with an absolute all-star cast. The message is still relevant today as well.
½ December 2, 2011
I grew up watching this and fell in love with magic, dragons, and romance. I only wish there was more to it somehow...I feel I'm one of the few who truly know what this movie is.
November 28, 2011
I like how it's about having magic and logic side by side. Makes it seem possible =)
½ April 14, 2011
it is a great movie, one of my favorites when I was growing up. If you liked movies like " Return of the King, "The Hobbit", or "The Last Unicorn", this is RIGHT up your ally! ( the summery of the movie above is a lil off....Peter didn't design video games for a living, this was made in the 1980's...he made board games!)
March 23, 2011
"Good would be totally impotent, without the contrast of evil."
Deep movie.

"Ommadon: Come devils, witches, demons, ogres, trolls, sun wraiths, harpies, ghouls, sorcerers!
Peter Dickenson: Come algebra, anatomy, astronomy, biology, chemistry, geology, geometry, mathematics, meteorology, mineralology, oceanography, paleontology, physics, psychology, sociology, trigonometry, and zoology!"

Science ftw with a elbow from the top ropes!
½ February 27, 2011
It was a lot better than I thought. Good lore. But terrible acting and cheesy animation.
February 24, 2011
The third of the triumvirate of what I consider Rankin/Bass's greatest animated films (The others being "The Hobbit" and "The Last Unicorn"-), done in a very similar style, with outstanding character design and their usual passle of incredible voice talent (John Ritter, Harry Morgan, Victor Buono, James Gregory, Larry Storch-). I've always felt they were on an even footing with the Disney Studios when it came down to matching actors with their characters, and here, they certainly don't disappoint. A fantasy geek's dream come true, with a huge assortment of classic monsters of myth (The huge, mute and murderous peg-legged troll is especially memorable-), and a marvelously-nasty villain in James Earl Jones's evil sorcerer.
January 24, 2011
Well written and imaginative fantasy cartoon that, despite the over-the-top villain, manages to entertain all ages with it's amazing voice cast and classic fantasy setting.
December 5, 2010
Love this film one we always watched as kids
½ November 9, 2010
One of the best animated films almost no one has scene. I love this film. It's about the war between science and magic (wonderment). This NEEDS to be made into a live action film by someone like Peter Jackson.
½ July 26, 2010
Inevitability is the strongest magic of all.
July 18, 2010
I loved this when I was younger, I used to watch it loads. I wouldn't re-watch it now though as it's probably dated really badly.
½ June 18, 2010
Cute movie-of-the-week fantasy cartoon with plenty of imagination and a lesson that doesn't preach at you, making for an entertaining adventure. Would make a cool retro double bill alongside the souped-up 3D How to Train Your Dragon.
June 14, 2010
Great shit, must be force fed to kids.