Flight of the Navigator Reviews

• Jun 01, 2020

Adults will notice plot holes and painful acting, but overall, "Flight of the Navigator" is a great sci-fi adventure film to introduce to children as a young Florida boy is abducted by aliens and returns to find that everything has changed - except him.

• May 06, 2020

I truly loved this film as a child, it holds a certain amount of magic like Short Circuit and the Gonnies. watching it again as an adult I found it is full of loop holes and errors and the main Character was a little annoying that means it falls a little short of perfect and will never be remembered by most as a true Disney classic, it dose how ever stand out for one thing in my mind, this is the only film to predict modern tv screens in effect, every sci-fi film made in the 80s-90s show old small tv screens with big backs as the future. The space craft in flight of the navigator has a screen across the whole front of the ship, yes you could argue it is a windscreen but the ship has no windows. The story is a little week but I showed it to my 6 year old who hates television and was absolutely absorbed in the film from start to finish. As a parent film that keeps him entertained is worth treasuring I truthfully I really enjoyed rewatching this film.

• Mar 28, 2020

I ain't saying it is a bad film but it seems to take its time getting to the point. For example, getting to the spaceship seemed to take forever and then when on the ship, again, it seemed to take forever getting to where it needs to be. I don't think it is aimed at a 35 year old me as I hadn't seen this film for years maybe since I was a kid and was the only reason I watched it as it is on the telly and felt like a bit of nostalgia. It is worth it from that stand point. On the Tivo box, it got 1 up thumb from me.

• Mar 26, 2020

Great family entertainment

Great family entertainment

• Mar 18, 2020

Fun for the sake of fun. There's just something about the lead role and innocence of the film that makes this such a great time. A E.T. cash in that turned out being much more.

• Mar 17, 2020

An updated response to the critical success of "Close Encounters" and "E.T." by combining the involved storylines into a minimized, more family friendly offering with impressive effects and acceptable casting of the young Joey Cramer and the energetic Paul Reubens. (B)

• Mar 08, 2020

A little odd, but still family friendly.

A little odd, but still family friendly.

• Feb 22, 2020

Once you get past the first 90 minutes, if you last that long, it is pretty good. Because then it is over.

• Jan 28, 2020

Flight of the Navigator is another confusing time travel movie that does its best to explain itself but in the end, it fails.

• Dec 25, 2019

A favorite from my childhood. The story was a bit shorter than i remember, but the characters were great. Has stood the test of time well, my family loved it 30+ years later.