Flirting with Forty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flirting with Forty Reviews

½ April 11, 2016
Standard 'midday movie' fare. Bound to appeal to the romantic yearnings of middle aged women. Heather Locklear shows that she can convincingly play nice characters.
March 7, 2016
This was a really nice movie to watch and I'm really happy with how it played out and how it ended.
April 23, 2015
I thought this was a sweet. Heather looks amazing in this movie. Robert Buckley is gorgeous in this.
October 20, 2014
Wow, must be my week for it. Couldn't finish this movie either.
I like a romantic story as much as the next person, and I am the same age Heather portrays here, so it's not like I think a romance has to star teens or beautiful people in their 20's (though Heather was beautiful, honestly she's got that puffy plastic look here - I think she'd have looked better with a few wrinkles), but this is unrealistic and feels false.
July 26, 2013
Really not for me. I was bored most of the time.
½ January 12, 2013
Not good, not bad. Perfect for a sunday night
January 6, 2013
A simple cliché romantic comedy movie.
Lilt bit touchy at the last chapter; when Kyle visits Jackie one day before Christmast Eve.

You know surf wisdom says that you gotta swim out of your comfort zone to catch the wave that's gonna change your life. -Kyle.
January 5, 2013
so beautiful Hawaii , and sweet story . i love Heather as "the inspiring mother" and always support her beloved people. I can't believe she is already 47 and she still very, very pretty ,
½ May 18, 2012
I was interested in seeing this movie because I read excerpts of the book (which was very entertaining). Unfortunately, the movie was not very good. Buckley is super hot though, so he was nice to look at.
½ March 28, 2012
It's OK - an easy movie for a relaxing evening
½ February 26, 2012
it's against logic! though we have some stupid ppl like this. but it's about body-love rather than spirit-love and such things don't last.
January 23, 2012
Romantic girlie movie about a divorce woman facing life at 40.
½ January 11, 2012
Great movie....Robert Bukley H.O.T. thats all I have to say about that!!!
December 2, 2011
Terrible acting but charming.
½ November 18, 2011
This film is about a separated woman who is approaching forty years old, finding a renewed surge of excitement in her love life while vacationing in Hawaii.
November 13, 2011
I thought this was a sweet and contemporary story.

November 6, 2011
Nice story, simple and well acted. Its good to watch some sunday
½ September 2, 2011
Robert Buckley is so hot and I would kill for Heather Locklear's body even now. cute movie.
Naughtia
August 25, 2011
I thought this was a sweet and contemporary story. A woman is divorced and lives the hard life as a single mom of two. When she turns 40 she reaches a turning point of her life and realizes that she really can enjoy all the aspects of her life, she meets a much younger attractive surfer and her friends begin to worry about her choice and think that she's reached a midlife crisis. She is happy and in love, could life be any better? I thought this movie was very romantic and sweet, and it raises some good points about age differences and love. I liked it because I felt like I could very easily relate to the story. I also must mention that Heather Locklear looks as great as ever.
½ April 20, 2011
Well, the movie was kinda cute and my mother liked it too. Although Heather Locklear was surely over 40 at the time she did this, she still has the body and looks to look as good as she does. And this is kind of a feel good story for her as she is divorced and her husband left her for a younger woman and he even cheated on her before he left her, which only adds to her pain. And throughout the movie, the ex still feels like a controlling type, in some things he says and all, even though he doesn't have the control he thinks he has.

And when you think of it, the movie is good in showing what some people will go through for love. So although it is more of a romance movie and a chick flick, if you get to see it, I hope you can enjoy it too. And for the guys, Heather Locklear in swimwear you will enjoy. ;)