Fly Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fly Away Reviews

June 8, 2015
A good story to introduce someone to autism.
October 29, 2014
Each and every performance helps to capture the struggles of having a child with autism, making for an emotional journey.
½ June 17, 2014
When I found out that Fly Away is about a mother and her autistic teenage daughter, I just had to see it. I thought it was powerful, emotional, and heartbreaking. This is like the female version of Rain Man.
½ June 17, 2014
½ March 24, 2014
A realistic portrayal of a mid-functioning autistic girl, and of the toll it takes on her increasingly desperate single mother. The actress who plays Mandy does a really believable job showing the difficulties of autism. The film's simplistic ending implies a solution has been found, but the problems are clearly still there. The story line was just ok, in my opinion. I have seen better dramas.
½ October 16, 2013
This film is all right for what it is, but still pretty stereotypical about what Autism actually is. Ashley Rickards is a good actress, but the rest of the acting from the others is awkward at times.
½ August 18, 2013
let me explain this real quick... just because a movie is about a handicapped person doesn't mean it's automatically a good movie, however the critics seem to disagree. to be honest this was rather dull predictable and uneventful but it gets high rating because of the subject matter.
½ March 24, 2013
This movie portrays the very real struggles parents face in raising autistic children. It was a little slow and redundant, but that seemed for the most part to be the intent.
December 26, 2012
Mandy as a character was fantastic, the scenes very realistic, but the story wasn't very good.
½ April 28, 2012
Even though she's autistic, the full retard theory applies here, and as expected, it doesn't really work out.
April 2, 2012
The story of a mother grappling with the challenge of raising her autistic daughter and how she is confronted with the most difficult decision a parent can make :'(
½ March 31, 2012
I usually LOVE movies with special kids/people...
But ill just pass this one ..it was a waste if time for me..
October 18, 2011
This was hard to watch at times - I really felt for the mom. I couldn't imagine how hard it must be to raise an autistic child. It shows how patient and willing to sacrifice someone has to be. I love Ashley Rickards, ever since seeing her in Awkward. It was a very eye-opening movie though.
September 24, 2011
A drama about a single mom coping with an autistic adolescent daughter, as an unexpected and kind romantic interest enters the picture. Very well done movie and great acting. Not a MUST SEE, but wasn't a bad movie
July 26, 2011
autism sucks. dealing with autistic people sucks. this movie didnt prove much else, or anything anyone didnt already know. BUT, it wasnt bad
July 24, 2011
Very well done and well acted movie, this movie is on par with I Am Sam in my opinion if not a little bit better. Sadly no one will know about this movie due to not having any big names. However after seeing this I honestly think
½ May 8, 2011
The lovely, heartbreaking "Fly Away" benefits from superb performances and a gripping story managed with simplicity and grace by writer-producer-director Janet Grillo.