Fly Me to the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fly Me to the Moon Reviews

½ February 24, 2016
If this animation was intended to be an experiment for IMAX 3D technology, then it's probably best if it played in IMAX only theaters, or better yet, just go on DVD with 3D options and glasses. For this was indeed a poorly animated and sloppily wrote picture that's best left for kids.
½ February 11, 2016
EDIT: I'm surprised no one's noticed this but for some reason the image for this film is actually for a French live action romantic comedy. Sort yourselves out Flixster.

If 3D wants to make a giant leap it deserves much better then this. The animation may be nice but other then that the jokes are crap and there's nothing else to recommend it. Not even Christopher Lloyd or Tim Curry can help.
September 26, 2015
I thought this was a cute movie that, while poorly animated and not very well written, had some cool moments and was enjoyable enough to sit through. The characters were good, while it did seem like they filled generic character traits. Some of the jokes work and some really don't. It isn't really that much of a logical animated film but it was fun and kids will love it.
January 27, 2015
Young children might like this, that's true. It contains little bits of excitement and adventure- only to be crushed down by its slow and flat sequences.
½ January 23, 2015
If it ain't an adventure, it ain't worth doing.

Three young flies who live their lives through delusions of adventure always follow their family model of live life through a series of adventures. The flies try to outdo their rivals by stowing away on the Apollo 13 mission to the moon. They accomplish their goal but once on the craft, they're discovered. They will be the targets of the spacemen on their journey who hope to to try and prevent contamination.

"Never turn down free mold."

Ben Stassen, director of A Turtles Tale 1 & 2, Thunder and the House of Magic, and African Safari, delivers Fly Me to the Moon. The storyline for this picture is okay and fun to watch unfold similar to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The animation style was higher quality than I anticipated. The voices were also okay and includes Kelly Ripa, Christopher Lloyd, Tim Curry, Trevor Gagnon, Philip Bolden, and Robert Patrick.

"Oh my Lord of the Flies."

I came across this film while scrolling through kids films on Netflix. We grabbed it and added it to our wish list and caught it just after the holiday seasons. We found the animation style beautiful and was entertained all the way through. The film is very entertaining and fun to view but isn't worth adding to your DVD collection.

"They're taking us on a big adventure."

Grade: C
July 23, 2014
Worst movie i've ever seen!
½ April 7, 2014
Any kid would love this movie. It's just not my cup of tea
February 15, 2014
This is the equivalent of waiting in a very long queue. Boring and very,very repetitive.
December 20, 2013
A movie so bad that Buzz Aldrin himself said that this never really happened.
October 19, 2013
A different kind of history lesson for the children that is entertaining and fun. A well written story for the young of mind, tackling entomology, history, astrophysics, engineering, electronics, math, morals, ethics and logic encouraging science to be of interest to children. The characters are simple and well animated with suitable narration allowing the film to unfold. Nibbles: Honey Coated Locusts.
½ July 12, 2013
Piece of crap so bad CGI is terrible
July 9, 2013
This looks incredibly stupid. I think I would hate this movie.
July 4, 2013
Kid movie. Fun for young one.
½ May 5, 2013
Um.......... WHAT THE CUSS IS THIS?! This is a digrace to animated films everywhere! The animation is terrilbly ugly! I can't stand to look at it it's so ugly! The plot is unoriginal, and not to menchine the ANNOYING CHARACTERS!!! I WANNA BUY THE DVD JUST SO I CAN BURN IT.
April 24, 2013
pretty nice animation... but not real thoughts in it..
½ March 7, 2013
"Nat" (voiced by Trevor Gagnon), along with his brainiac friend "IQ" (voiced by Philip Bolden) and the always hungry "Scooter" (David Gore) are kids with big dreams. They want to be the first flies in space. And what encourages their dreams is the first spacecraft to land on the moon, the Apollo 11, is waiting for its historic trip on the launch pad near where the three hang out.

The first thing you notice is the animation of the film. I found it done very well done. The scenery had depth to it, as things in the distance actually looked like they were behind the focus of the scenes. I didn't see the movie in 3-D, as it was broadcast on HBO. However, I could see that there really wasn't any scenes which took advantage of the 3-D effects except a fight between characters near the end. I also wasn't really impressed with the design of the characters. To me, they didn't look like anything resembling a fly, especially in the coloring. The flies were an unusual blue-gray that was kind of distracting to me.

The performances from the cast was not bad, but it wasn't good either. There were many times I focused more on my computer than the story. The writing was certainly written for a younger audience, with comedic moments that will make younger kids laugh. I saw nothing for adults, like jokes that they'll get the punchline for the adults to understand the meaning.

History was not followed in this film. In fact, I think it was completely ignored, as the main focus was the flies. I also hated when a well known astronaut popped up on the screen and explained that the stories about the flies in the film was a work of fiction, and no flies were on Apollo 11. I did like how he thanked the men and women who sacrificed their lives for space exploration though.

If you are an adult, this is not for you. It was not made for the entire family. This is certainly just for kids. But, save this one for a rainy day.
Bradley T. Johnson
February 1, 2013
While it is an interesting film, Fly Me to the Moon is too childish, flatly written and dull for adults and too tedious and slow for kids. Overall Rating: 16
January 28, 2013
A good movie for kids, at the same time related to one of the most historical events!
November 24, 2012
It has been so long since I've seen this film but now its time to review it for you guys. Fly Me To The Moon is about 3 bugs who go to the moon and stuff happens. I'd say more but I don't to spoil it. This film is lots of fun but had really bad issues with slowness and cheesy dialouge.
GRADE:B+
½ November 19, 2012
Neither kids nor adults will enjoy this utterly miserable movie.