Fly Wheel (2003)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Fly Wheel Photos

Movie Info

Weary of the masks he wears and the lies he tells, an unscrupulous used car salesman resolves to win back his wife, become a better role model for his son, and stop ripping off his unsuspecting customers in the inspirational feature directorial debut of Facing the Giants director Alex Kendrick. Jay Austin (Kendrik) is the kind of used car salesman that customers fears most - dishonest, manipulative, and constantly smiling as he sends another lemon driving off the lot. Eventually Austin's deceptive ways catch up with him, prompting him to take serious stock of his life from the ground up. Now, as Austin begins working to get his classic convertible back on the road, the repairs he performs under the hood begin to reflect the personal transformation that he is going through at home and at work. Determined to turn his life around for good this time, Austin soon finds out just how good things can get when he begins applying the philosophy of Jesus Christ to everyday life.
Drama , Faith & Spirituality

Shawn Gaines
as Usher #2
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Fly Wheel

There are no critic reviews yet for Fly Wheel. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Fly Wheel

First off, I'd like to say that, for such an amateur production (not meant as an insult being as I'm an amateur myself), this is a smoothly directed film. They don't try to take on too much with their premise, and they never try to compensate for the lack of funds. It's a noble production that is intended 100% to inspire and uplift with the life-changing power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Also, I must say that Alex Kendrick gave the best performance I've seen from him. This is a charming, simple, uplifting, passionately made piece of faith-based filmmaking that doesn't ever pretend to be more than it is. "Fly Wheel" is a wonderful little indie.

Brandon Schmidt
Brandon Schmidt

The picture quality is a little low with a frame rate much like what you see in documentaries, but it's a very touching Christian-based story on how the sin of greed can be destructive to families and how the work of God can reform and heal away.

Max Gilbert
Max Gilbert

It's cheaply filmed, horribly acted, yet surprisingly potent. In terms of writing, I would actually consider it the best of Alex Kendrick, although it's still very clearly forced in terms of it's message.

Daniel Sheahan
Daniel Sheahan

Fly Wheel Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Fly Wheel on our Movie forum!

News & Features