Flypaper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flypaper Reviews

October 26, 2016
I enjoyed this film for what it is - namely a black comedy farce. It is all centered in a bank, when not just one set of bank robbers turn up but two. One team is skilled using electronic wizardry to try and open the vault, whilst the other is a pair of complete idiots who want to blow up the ATMs with plastic explosive.
Amongst all this, the people that were in the bank are hostages, one of whom tries to work out what is happening. No surprise though when things keep going wrong, and one by one the characters are killed in dramatic ways.
It's a comedy though, so it all very silly. Very enjoyable.
September 19, 2016
I'd probably categorize it as slapstick, which is not usually the type of movie I like, but I thought Dempsey was great in this one and it was fun seeing him in a different kind of role.
½ August 24, 2016
Flypaper is a silly mess with so many flaws and inconsistencies that by the end it makes no sense at all, but its still a notch above the worst movies of the genre, if that's any consolation.
June 12, 2016
Passable heist movie in which the story tries too hard to make everyone a suspect to the point that you really don't care who did it anymore. Tripp, Patrick Dempsey's character, is so annoying you KNOW someone would have shot him just so they wouldn't have to deal with him anymore. Ashley Judd is always very professional in her roles. Lame story can't be helped by decent cast. This premise would never happen.
March 2, 2016
Simply stupid funny for simple persons like me.
February 3, 2016
I love the twists and turns. Keeps you thinking! Idk why the ratings are so low :( I thought this movie was great. Love Dempsy off his meds.
January 3, 2016
I thought this was a fun movie
November 20, 2015
Seriously love Patrick Dempsey in this film. It's almost so stupid that it is funny. Kind of an interesting plot by the end though!
August 1, 2015
Quirky Bank Caper Film....
Harlequin68
½ March 18, 2015
In "Flypaper," it is a quiet day at the bank where Kaitlin(Ashley Judd), a teller, has the time to help Tripp(Patrick Dempsey) deposit all of his loose change. That is until Peanut Butter(Tim Blake Nelson) and Jelly(Pruitt Taylor Vince) show up to rob the ATM's. That might have actually worked if Darrien(Mekhi Phifer), Gates(Matt Ryan, of "Constantine") and Weinstein(John Ventimiglia) had not shown up at the exact same time to rob the vault. That's not to mention the dead body on the floor of the bank.

On the surface, "Flypaper" may not seem like such a bad idea for a movie. At the same time, it is the very definition of scattershot, especially with the violence making a rather awkward combination with the slapstick comedy. Overall, while there may be one or two clever ideas at work here, this is a movie that is nowhere near as smart as it thinks it is.

One of the smartest ideas "Flypaper" has is to have Tim Blake Nelson and Pruitt Taylor Vince play a couple of hapless redneck bank robbers named Peanut Butter and Jelly and they don't disappoint in the least. On the other hand, Octavia Spencer being given so little to do is positively criminal. While Ashley Judd gets out acted by her own cleavage, the continuing appeal of Patrick Dempsey remains a mystery.
January 17, 2015
I completely loved this movie. Patrick Dempsey's performance was comic genius.
November 5, 2014
Two sets of bank robbers. One very sticky heist.
Tripp (Dempsey) est un homme névrosé bourré de TOCs, qui se retrouve dans une banque pile au moment où celle-ci est attaquée. Il s'agit même d'un double braquage simultané entre malfrats qui ne s'étaient pas concertés. Il se retrouve alors otage avec d'autres clients de la banque et les employés, dont la jolie Kaitlin (Judd). Mais au lieu de rester tranquillement dans son coin, Tripp se sent obligé de trouver le pourquoi de ces deux attaques.
Au début, on a un peu de mal à situer Flypaper. Les bandits Jelly et Peanut butter jouent clairement dans le registre de la comédie, mais l'autre groupe fait son braquage tellement sérieusement, qu'on ne sait sur quel pied danser. Puis le loufoque l'emporte et on se laisse aller avec les péripéties et gaffes de chacun. Ce qui permet au film de nous surprendre avec quelques rebondissements ! Les divers personnages sont bien détaillés, même certains seconds rôles. Mais j'avoue ne pas avoir été convaincue par le jeu de Patrick Dempsey, dont les répliques et les attitudes me semblaient fausses et forcées.
September 7, 2014
Ridiculous plot twists sabotage what could have otherwise been a fun caper movie. Things start off fairly promising, but as people die and new suspects emerge, it falls apart rather quickly.
½ August 17, 2014
This is a lot of fun, is full of surprises, and has a great cast too!
August 3, 2014
This is my all time favorite movie.
July 7, 2014
Enjoyable comedy/crime thriller. A lot of who dunnit storyline. Fun movie, if anything.
June 30, 2014
this is a must for any fan of crime or comedy movies.
½ June 29, 2014
Unexpected ending and that's enough to make this "who done it" comedy interesting and somewhat entertaining! Plus the gorgeous Ashley Judd makes this film easy to watch; it's like this woman never ages and only gets better with time !
May 20, 2014
This movie was great. The characters were really different and colorful. The comedy was well done.
May 3, 2014
Right in my wheelhouse. Comic-caper. Very funny dark comedy.