The Fog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fog Reviews

August 26, 2016
Paltry and glossy remake of a classic.
June 26, 2016
ok, nothing too interesting
½ June 10, 2016
Just a rehash to the original Fog.
April 1, 2016
Reasonable film but very slow!!
February 29, 2016
Not the best of remakes and definitely not as good as the original. The cast was good but it wasn't very scary either. I think this film had potential, but didn't deliver.
January 7, 2016
Well the acting was pretty rough, the effects kinda cheesy, the scares in slight supply, at least the plot was great. Oh wait it sucked! Gimme John Carpenter, Hal Holbrook, JLC, and Tom Atkins any day.
December 12, 2015
Typical loud noise remake lacking many scares.
½ September 15, 2015
An insoliting remake to carpenter's classic.The film's lack of scares, suspense or originality make things even worse.
September 9, 2015
i actually enjoyed most of the film. I love spooky ghost stories and unraveling a bit of mystery. that said the cgi was offputting and a lot of the supernatural elements were over the top from the beginning. the part i totally cannot forgive however was the ending. in a despatate effort to throw in a twist the movie falls flat and leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.
½ August 22, 2015
Even as bad remakes of 70's iconic horror movies go,this is really bad.
½ August 1, 2015
The Fog is a cheap horror movie, lacking decent scares and an intriguing plot
June 2, 2015
Ugh. Positively AWFUL. I want my money back please.
May 20, 2015
Another crappy horror remake of John Carpenter's 1980 film. Pure crap!
½ April 18, 2015
The fog remake disgraces the original cult classic with zero fright value, horrible acting, and no creativity in script or visuals.
April 15, 2015
Inferior to the original in every way except effects. The story was updated and slightly changed which also may have made a benefit, but not enough to surpass the original.
March 28, 2015
Okay.....wow this movie was bad. I only saw it because I'm a fan of Smallville and Tom Welling is in it. The plot was weak when they made the original back in the 70's, and it didn't improve with time. Welling shot this simultaneously as he shot episodes of Smallville, and this is made very apparent by how he phones in his performance. If you're looking for a cheesy, classic horror movie to mindlessly watch, it's worth a watch I suppose, but there are infinitely better horror flicks to watch
March 17, 2015
A billion time better than original. The original bored me but this was fun and entertaining all the way through. As usual internet trash hates on it. Always hates on good movies but praises sucky films.
½ March 9, 2015
Arguably, the WORST remake ever made.
½ March 2, 2015
They should have given Selma Blair a much bigger role. It seems that this is a remake of a movie made some 30 years ago. A bit slow at times and sometimes strayed from the core story. It had potential, but fell into mediocrity.