The Fog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fog Reviews

½ May 21, 2017
Good plot and entertaining until the ending. They left it too much up to the viewer to fill in a plot hole.
May 15, 2017
Where to even start with this one? It's really hard to pinpoint the exact thing that went wrong with this 2005 remake of a classic (but not really that good to start with) horror film The Fog from 1979.
So, lets start with the basics. It's called a horror film, so is it scary? No, not really, maybye if it's your first horor experience than it's possible, but otherwise it's really not even remotely scary.
Is acting any good? Short answer: No. Long answer: It's entertaining seeing them try to put out a good performance, half a star right there.
Writing and cinematography is not even worth talking about, it's worse than the original, thats all you need to know.
Plot? Well, it's boring beyond any belief, like i dont get it, how can you make it so bad and boring? The original at lest had the atmosfere to go with it, this one is just bland.
At least is not down right insulting to the casual movie watcher so it gets a half star for that.

Conclusion: if you need to kill 100 minutes of your life, and don't have anything else to do, even then don't whatch this one, you may feel like throwing up, thats never good.
March 20, 2017
A stupid re-make of a classic (which was the trend of 2007)
½ March 12, 2017
It's terrible, don't watch it, don't let that even be a nudge to watch it "just to see how horrible it is". Do not watch!
February 18, 2017
I personally enjoyed this remake very much. Honestly it's almost a mirror copy of the original other than the cultural references and a few scenes. So I fail to see the reason for a huge gap in the reviews. However I would consider it more suspense than horror/slasher.
½ February 8, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
October 31, 2016
In nature it's much more interesting.
½ September 28, 2016
So bad. Worse than bad. Bad writing, bad cinematography, bad acting. Bad plot. Everything happens with very little motivation. The cliches are endless and dull. It's not even interesting enough to keep me watching the whole time. I found myself on my phone or staring at my knitting the vast majority of the time.
August 26, 2016
Paltry and glossy remake of a classic.
June 26, 2016
ok, nothing too interesting
½ June 10, 2016
Just a rehash to the original Fog.
April 1, 2016
Reasonable film but very slow!!
February 29, 2016
Not the best of remakes and definitely not as good as the original. The cast was good but it wasn't very scary either. I think this film had potential, but didn't deliver.
January 7, 2016
Well the acting was pretty rough, the effects kinda cheesy, the scares in slight supply, at least the plot was great. Oh wait it sucked! Gimme John Carpenter, Hal Holbrook, JLC, and Tom Atkins any day.
December 12, 2015
Typical loud noise remake lacking many scares.
½ September 15, 2015
An insoliting remake to carpenter's classic.The film's lack of scares, suspense or originality make things even worse.
September 9, 2015
i actually enjoyed most of the film. I love spooky ghost stories and unraveling a bit of mystery. that said the cgi was offputting and a lot of the supernatural elements were over the top from the beginning. the part i totally cannot forgive however was the ending. in a despatate effort to throw in a twist the movie falls flat and leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.
½ August 22, 2015
Even as bad remakes of 70's iconic horror movies go,this is really bad.