The Fog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fog Reviews

February 18, 2017
I personally enjoyed this remake very much. Honestly it's almost a mirror copy of the original other than the cultural references and a few scenes. So I fail to see the reason for a huge gap in the reviews. However I would consider it more suspense than horror/slasher.
½ February 8, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
October 31, 2016
In nature it's much more interesting.
½ September 28, 2016
So bad. Worse than bad. Bad writing, bad cinematography, bad acting. Bad plot. Everything happens with very little motivation. The cliches are endless and dull. It's not even interesting enough to keep me watching the whole time. I found myself on my phone or staring at my knitting the vast majority of the time.
August 26, 2016
Paltry and glossy remake of a classic.
June 26, 2016
ok, nothing too interesting
½ June 10, 2016
Just a rehash to the original Fog.
April 1, 2016
Reasonable film but very slow!!
February 29, 2016
Not the best of remakes and definitely not as good as the original. The cast was good but it wasn't very scary either. I think this film had potential, but didn't deliver.
January 7, 2016
Well the acting was pretty rough, the effects kinda cheesy, the scares in slight supply, at least the plot was great. Oh wait it sucked! Gimme John Carpenter, Hal Holbrook, JLC, and Tom Atkins any day.
December 12, 2015
Typical loud noise remake lacking many scares.
½ September 15, 2015
An insoliting remake to carpenter's classic.The film's lack of scares, suspense or originality make things even worse.
September 9, 2015
i actually enjoyed most of the film. I love spooky ghost stories and unraveling a bit of mystery. that said the cgi was offputting and a lot of the supernatural elements were over the top from the beginning. the part i totally cannot forgive however was the ending. in a despatate effort to throw in a twist the movie falls flat and leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.
½ August 22, 2015
Even as bad remakes of 70's iconic horror movies go,this is really bad.
½ August 1, 2015
The Fog is a cheap horror movie, lacking decent scares and an intriguing plot
June 2, 2015
Ugh. Positively AWFUL. I want my money back please.
May 20, 2015
Another crappy horror remake of John Carpenter's 1980 film. Pure crap!
½ April 18, 2015
The fog remake disgraces the original cult classic with zero fright value, horrible acting, and no creativity in script or visuals.