Folk Hero & Funny Guy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Folk Hero & Funny Guy Reviews

November 18, 2017
The film is a funny road trip drama that incorporates some of the funny character moments. Road Trip movies have the luxury of solving conflict and discovering yourself, most people do it in real life. The two leads are well cast and the film is full of fun support actors. The film never attempts to be a grand story and it hits the right beats by allowing the characters to be true. The music is really well done and adds further depth to the film, music can transcend a persons real feelings. The film has that dynamic between the two leads and most of the humour comes from their interactions. This was a nice surprise and one of the better indie films of 2017. 19-11-2017.
June 13, 2017
Funny road trip bromance. Love Wyatt Russell. First time seeing him was on Netflix original Shimmer Lake- another good flick to see.
June 3, 2017
A hell of a lot of cringe humour and an average enough road movie. Just about scraped three stars.
May 30, 2017
Sorely lacking investing characters, story, pacing, dialog, or direction.
May 18, 2017
Folk Hero & Funny Guy had zoveel beter kunnen zijn als de personages ook een echt doel hadden om na te streven, iets dat in de laatste akte helemaal van de tafel gegooid wordt. Simpele kost voor amateuristische independent filmliefhebbers.
March 24, 2017
fun sweet road trip ... nice twist
August 3, 2016
Thought this movie was very special. The characters were totally real and the actors fleshed out all of their quirks in a way which made it feel natural. The humor came as the result of the characters situations. It made me laugh and it touched me in the way few romances ever do. A perfect little movie that I highly recommend,
½ July 31, 2016
Very funny. Great actors. Indie film with just as much punch as big budget film. I recommend.
May 12, 2016
Definitely want to see this film ,,I've heard it's wonderful !
May 9, 2016
It's hilarious and the three leads are so good!!