Follow the Fleet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Follow the Fleet Reviews

May 9, 2016
4 Stars for the "Let's Face The Music and Dance" scene, alone.
August 5, 2015
Not a standout amongst their work, and feels like just another Astaire/Rogers musical.
December 9, 2014
Working-class Astaire/Rogers musical (he's a sailor, she's a singer); the subplot with Scott & Hilliard slows things up a bit. Songs include "Let Yourself Go," "I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket," and the classic "Let's Face the Music & Dance." Lucille Ball & Betty Grable have bit parts.
August 30, 2014
good fred n ginger musical
June 26, 2014
Another good addition to the red astaire ginger rogers films. It has a couple good catchy songs ( let yourself go) and a few forgetable ones (get thee behind me satin). This doesn't have the grand lavish formal scale like some of there movies, instead of the wealthy world travelers they normally play they are common people. Randolph Scott is probably the best looking of all the guys from this period. Harriet Hillard looks a lot like ginger rogers as her sister in this and very likable as the formerly plain and currently lonely school teacher.
½ June 15, 2014
Not the best of Fred & Ginger but still better than shall we dance !
March 31, 2014
Fred & Ginger are always fun to watch!
½ November 10, 2013
The end dance scene is pretty good, but the romantic subplot of Ginger's sister and Fred's friend was pretty bad, mostly due to Randolph Scott's character being a major douche (and a very sexist movie in general).
July 26, 2013
A Fred and Finger movie where they are not the main love interests, yet feel like they are. Some great songs from Irving Berlin and great dancing as well, the film suffers from a 2 hour plot that could have easily been told in 90 minutes. The movie actually drags when there is not singing or dancing.

Grade: B-
February 15, 2013
Follow the Fleet was a simple movie, that I really enjoyed. It was the first time I saw Fred Astaire on screen, and he kept my attention right from the start to the finish. I'm still humming 'We Saw The Sea' now!
January 2, 2013
it got some good songs in it, especially "let face the music" i wouldnt mind if i have to watch this movie, a couple times more ^^
November 21, 2011
Follow the Fleet is an enjoyable film. It is about a Navy sailor who tries to rekindle a romance with the woman he loves while on liberty in San Francisco. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers give amazing performances. Irvin Berlin did a remarkable job with the music. The screenplay is well written. Mark Sandrich did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the romance. Follow the Fleet is a must see.
October 28, 2011
Excellent chemistry between Astair and Rogers in their musical turns, the story to gel it all together is decent enough too.
September 8, 2011
Some of my all time favorite Dance Numbers by Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire.This has the song "Lets Face the Music & Dance" in it.Lucille Ball plays a bit part in this too.This follows two Love/Hate relationships of two couples(Fred/Ginger & Randolph Scott/Harriet Hillard)complicated by the Navy, Fear of Commitment,&Showbiz Ambition.Heartwarming Musical
July 23, 2011
Great Astaire/Rogers film.Made me laugh. great lines came out of it.
February 28, 2011
Fred Astaire > Gene Kelly
December 29, 2010
A cute and honest musical with some great turns by newcomers at the time Betty Grable, Harriet Hilliard, and Randolph Scott. A stale plot and only slightly entertaining music, but all the hilarity and charm that the grand old duo bring to the silver screen. Another nice classic.
October 25, 2010
I saw part of this. About an hour...then it was like...is this story actually going anywhere?. It was soo boring. But the girls were soo pretty. I didn't see all of it because it went too long.
½ October 23, 2010
This is one of my favourite Fred and Ginger pictures and they look fabulous together
April 20, 2010
What more can I say, Astaire and Rogers are always superb together.