Following the Ninth: In the Footsteps of Beethoven's Final Symphony Reviews

• May 17, 2014

Doesn't quite soar the heights that the music ought to reach ... out of the four narrations, would wish the Japanese one get more playing; the other three were mostly singular narratives, so did not quite feel complete the picture.

• Apr 22, 2014

This seems like an interesting premise for a documentary, but it never really grabbed by interest. The movie also kind of forgot that it was about Beethoven for the majority of its running time.

• Dec 20, 2013

One of the best documentary films I've seen this year.

One of the best documentary films I've seen this year.

• Oct 31, 2013

Let me say out front that I am co-producer of this film, and have also written a book with the director, Kerry Candaele, called "Journeys With Beethoven," so I know something about the subject. No hype, all I will say is read the fine reviews and then make up your own mind. I think the film will appeal equally to music fans of all sorts (I am an old rock 'n roller myself), plus those interested in recent history and politics and human rights--and the human spirit.