Foodfight! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Foodfight! Reviews

May 11, 2018
This movie is complete garbage. The amount of sex jokes make it even worse. Never watch it.
May 8, 2018
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i dont want to watch this
May 8, 2018
Worst movie ever created.
½ April 29, 2018
absolutely crap, lots of noticeable sexual jokes and in the end there is a 30 min. scene of just food and it is just sraight hard to watch
April 15, 2018
I can't believe I watched this movie.this was terrible!UGH!
March 24, 2018
Foodfight! is a piece of crap movie. It's the ugliest movie I've ever seen. Not one of the ugliest, THE ugliest movie I've ever seen. It's distorted, grotesque, and repulsive with incomplete computer graphics that haven't been rendered. It's such an assault to the senses that after it's over, you feel disoriented by afterimages as if you're suffering from DT. To call it an animated film is a direct insult to animation. Animation gives the illusion of movement and in Foodfight! nothing moves, it glitches. The visuals look and run like a scratched, retro ps1 game, have the hue of a fresh turd and are filled with hideously contorted characters. Foodfight! rips off the premise of a Pixar classic involving toys, that I'm not going to name because I feel typing those two in the same sentence is a total sin, as an excuse to use empty-headed and inappropriate humor for a children's film. The movie is so unpleasant to look at that I would equate the experience to staring inside a toilet bowl for 90 minutes after you've thrown up in it; actually, that might be more sufferable. (Zero Stars)
½ March 9, 2018
The worst animated movie i have ever seen
½ February 27, 2018
Absolute waste of my time.
February 26, 2018
Fantastic film!!! The animation is incredibly unique, and Dex is such a loveable character. This film brings to light the negative influence supermarket branding has on America's original, classic economic structure; and really highlights the way we have let our country fall into the hands of manipulative mass corporations. A fun, family friendly film that teaches kids and adults alike to not trust the man, and shop local.
February 14, 2018
It was funny and had great humor. I love this movie
½ February 13, 2018
This is literally what comes out of Satan's anus after a night of heavy drinking. It is so ugly.The only reason the Tomatometer can't show a score, is because there is no score to show because this was a travesty. There is nothing but product placement. They somehow even screwed that up, by making knockoffs of the ones they couldn't use. Also, it is also brimming with Brand X fetish fuel. Too many innuendos, and may i add, NOTHING HAS AN EXPRESSION!!! most emotion is conveyed by awkward arm movement. And the sidekick is a ton of stereotypes.The spastic 80's rocker, the UGLY AS HELL characters, and it is a travesty. it would be excusable if it was like Who Killled Captain Alex which had a $200 budget and parts they found lying around, but this movie ahd a 65 MILLION dollar budget. This is inexcusable.
½ February 13, 2018
This is probably the most awful movie EVER!
January 10, 2018
there is just nothing to say
½ December 24, 2017
After i saw this piece of absolute SHIT, I cried for a solid minute, followed by ramming my head into a wall for seven whole minutes, and then I drank a whole tub of vodka to drown my sorrow, and then I flushed this piece of shit down the toilet and never to be seen again. Holy Chips, this movie is so fucking awful. It has the absolute worst animation I have ever seen in any movie ever conceived by a demented neanderthal (Larry Kasanoff). The messages are terrible and the jokes fall flat on it's very own face. If you wanna watch this movie, beware. Ask your friends and/or family to hide all possible suicidal units before even considering looking at the disc. Fuck this movie. The jokes fall flat on their faces and the product placements are literally offensive. There is literally a fucking scene in this movie where people just... fall. For THIRTY FUCKING MINUTES! Don't you dare even consider watching this film. It deserves to be forgotten for good. Fuck this movie and everything it represents. Fucking bloody hell. Fuck.
½ December 23, 2017
Best Anime I've ever seen.
½ December 15, 2017
You know, with such stars in their cast, you'd think this movie would have at least one good quality. And you'd be wrong. This movie looks like it was animated on Xbox Kinect, has basically no backstory, and if you need further proof that this movie is literally just a product placement, look no further than the title. Four characters who are barely even in the movie are the center of attention, as opposed to the main characters who are in the background. Sorry, Larry Kasanoff. You tried.
December 8, 2017
NO NO NO!! Not this! It's......... it's horrible! Absolutely atrocious and just plain disgusting! Having dramatic phrases aside, I'm going to be serious now and further explain on why this is considered to be the worst animated film of all time. Now do I personally think it's the worst animated film out there? Surprisingly no. Believe it or not. There is actually an even worse animated film in this world. I will review it another day. Anyways, what is it that makes this film terrible? Well first of all, the animation. All I'm going to say is.......... DISTURBING! Second, the characters. These are some of the most disgusting, mean-spirited, and sometimes in a unintentional, but hilarious way. For example. The creepy over-the-top salesman voiced by Christopher Lloyd made me laugh my ass off! The way he moved was just so inhuman like. But then there's some that I rather not talk about....... *cough* Poophead! *cough*. Lastly, the story. Can I really even talk about the story. It's so bland and cliche that even a toddler could predict! Oh boy.... All I can say is now. Whatever you guys do, DO NOT WATCH THIS! Even if you are that curious to know.
December 7, 2017
This is the worst movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the Super Mario Bros movie was better than this pile of filth. How can they blow $65,000,000 on this movie. This isn't even a movie, this is a 90 minute grocery store commercial.
½ November 23, 2017
re-review: the first time i reviewed foodfight i just watched someone else's review and thought it would be enough. but unwittingly i got too curious and watched the movie, i almost puked at the animation alone. i never thought i would see a movie worse than Theodore rex and son of the mask. but this is worse than them both combined and multiplied by 1000. if you care for your well being don't watch foodfight. you might just get ptsd like i did.
½ November 22, 2017
I have a friend who views watching terrible films as a perfect social activity. This can be quite enjoyable at times, as many of the films we watch together provide numerous opportunities for MST3K-style commentary. A couple of years ago, I chose to watch Foodfight! with him while he was over my place. I had heard that this was one of the worst animated films ever made and I thought that it would be a source of much schadenfreude. After an awkward hour-and-a-half, I realized that I was mistaken - Threshold Entertainment has managed to produce a film that's so incompetent on so many levels that it's almost unwatchable.

The most glaring flaw with the film is the animation. The computer animation in Foodfight! looks worse than animation made on a much lower budget 15 or 20 years before this film was released. The character models range from unappealing to horrifying and some of them are reused multiple times in the same shot, with crowds of people consisting of the same five or so character models repeated dozens of times. Apparently, the original assets for the film were stolen, forcing the film crew to recreate what was lost on a much lower budget, so they weren't entirely to blame for this aspect of the film's awfulness.

Those involved in the film's creation don't get a similar pass for the writing. The plot is riddled with so many clichés that you could hang Dex's fedora on them. For example, Dex is the character who was once a detective but left the profession after the woman he loved disappeared, a stock protagonist so generic that even Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever included him. The humor is equally bland, consisting of fart jokes, bad puns, and sexual innuendos that seem rather inappropriate for a children's movie.

A large part of the controversy surrounding the film's release was the rampant product placement. While I found the product placement a minor quibble compared to the film's other glaring flaws, I understand the concern - Foodfight! is ostensibly aimed at children, and they are more susceptible to being influenced by product placement. However, I found the greatest disappointment surrounding the inclusion of brand mascots, called "Ikes" in the film, is that they don't do much other than stand in the background of some shots. I was hoping to see Mr. Clean use his navy training to beat the villains senseless, but the only action scene involving the Ikes was a brief scene near the end, where they throw food at the Brand X soldiers.

The real tragedy of Foodfight! is that it is not even "so bad it's good". Foodfight! could have easily been enjoyably bad, but it commits the cardinal sin of being both bad and bland. I could even see a version of Foodfight! that I would enjoy unironically - a move that embraced the absurdity of the premise and was written in a way that was more self-aware. Foodfight! was never going to be Citizen Kane, but it could have been Robocop - a movie that used its rather silly premise to deliver some clever social commentary. However, the version we got is neither of these things.