Foodfight! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Foodfight! Reviews

December 8, 2017
NO NO NO!! Not this! It's......... it's horrible! Absolutely atrocious and just plain disgusting! Having dramatic phrases aside, I'm going to be serious now and further explain on why this is considered to be the worst animated film of all time. Now do I personally think it's the worst animated film out there? Surprisingly no. Believe it or not. There is actually an even worse animated film in this world. I will review it another day. Anyways, what is it that makes this film terrible? Well first of all, the animation. All I'm going to say is.......... DISTURBING! Second, the characters. These are some of the most disgusting, mean-spirited, and sometimes in a unintentional, but hilarious way. For example. The creepy over-the-top salesman voiced by Christopher Lloyd made me laugh my ass off! The way he moved was just so inhuman like. But then there's some that I rather not talk about....... *cough* Poophead! *cough*. Lastly, the story. Can I really even talk about the story. It's so bland and cliche that even a toddler could predict! Oh boy.... All I can say is now. Whatever you guys do, DO NOT WATCH THIS! Even if you are that curious to know.
December 7, 2017
This is the worst movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the Super Mario Bros movie was better than this pile of filth. How can they blow $65,000,000 on this movie. This isn't even a movie, this is a 90 minute grocery store commercial.
½ November 23, 2017
re-review: the first time i reviewed foodfight i just watched someone else's review and thought it would be enough. but unwittingly i got too curious and watched the movie, i almost puked at the animation alone. i never thought i would see a movie worse than Theodore rex and son of the mask. but this is worse than them both combined and multiplied by 1000. if you care for your well being don't watch foodfight. you might just get ptsd like i did.
½ November 22, 2017
I have a friend who views watching terrible films as a perfect social activity. This can be quite enjoyable at times, as many of the films we watch together provide numerous opportunities for MST3K-style commentary. A couple of years ago, I chose to watch Foodfight! with him while he was over my place. I had heard that this was one of the worst animated films ever made and I thought that it would be a source of much schadenfreude. After an awkward hour-and-a-half, I realized that I was mistaken - Threshold Entertainment has managed to produce a film that's so incompetent on so many levels that it's almost unwatchable.

The most glaring flaw with the film is the animation. The computer animation in Foodfight! looks worse than animation made on a much lower budget 15 or 20 years before this film was released. The character models range from unappealing to horrifying and some of them are reused multiple times in the same shot, with crowds of people consisting of the same five or so character models repeated dozens of times. Apparently, the original assets for the film were stolen, forcing the film crew to recreate what was lost on a much lower budget, so they weren't entirely to blame for this aspect of the film's awfulness.

Those involved in the film's creation don't get a similar pass for the writing. The plot is riddled with so many clichés that you could hang Dex's fedora on them. For example, Dex is the character who was once a detective but left the profession after the woman he loved disappeared, a stock protagonist so generic that even Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever included him. The humor is equally bland, consisting of fart jokes, bad puns, and sexual innuendos that seem rather inappropriate for a children's movie.

A large part of the controversy surrounding the film's release was the rampant product placement. While I found the product placement a minor quibble compared to the film's other glaring flaws, I understand the concern - Foodfight! is ostensibly aimed at children, and they are more susceptible to being influenced by product placement. However, I found the greatest disappointment surrounding the inclusion of brand mascots, called "Ikes" in the film, is that they don't do much other than stand in the background of some shots. I was hoping to see Mr. Clean use his navy training to beat the villains senseless, but the only action scene involving the Ikes was a brief scene near the end, where they throw food at the Brand X soldiers.

The real tragedy of Foodfight! is that it is not even "so bad it's good". Foodfight! could have easily been enjoyably bad, but it commits the cardinal sin of being both bad and bland. I could even see a version of Foodfight! that I would enjoy unironically - a move that embraced the absurdity of the premise and was written in a way that was more self-aware. Foodfight! was never going to be Citizen Kane, but it could have been Robocop - a movie that used its rather silly premise to deliver some clever social commentary. However, the version we got is neither of these things.
½ November 17, 2017
Foodfight is a weird commercial for storebrands, but at least it's not the Emoji Movie
½ November 13, 2017
*BLEEP* THIS *BLEEP* LET IT BURN IN HELL!!!
½ October 25, 2017
To think that someone actually made this. I pity them.
½ October 22, 2017
While product placement never usually bothers me, that was only one of the many problems with this, which is basically what the movie is, "a mistake". The most obvious problem is how horrible the animation is, seriously I can't go five seconds with looking at this without cringing. I never laugh once at any of the jokes, puns or anything that was supposed to be funny. The characters are not only nothing but stereotypes, but are so cliche that you remember them 1 second after finishing this. So basically this without a doubt the worst animated movie of all time, seriously it has no redeeming factors for even 1 star. $65 million dollars down the drain.
October 10, 2017
This movie is really one of the worst
½ October 1, 2017
WORST ANIMATION EVER
September 16, 2017
WORST FOOD FIGHTING MOVIE EVER
½ September 8, 2017
This movie is terrible, really terrible. it has crappy animation, it makes no sense, it has bad characters that I hopped would die, it has really bad puns, very wretched dialogue, and the poster lies, I would not recommend this movie to anyone.
½ August 31, 2017
The animation is so hideous, that even a blind person won't be able to tolerate this film!
August 15, 2017
So incredibly awful that it's great! No redeeming value whatsoever.
½ August 10, 2017
WORST ANIMATED MOVIE OF ALL TIME. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY FOLKS.
½ August 8, 2017
this is the worst animated movie I have ever seen, the plot is a complete mess, the writing is just lazy, the animation is awful, the characters are bland and lazy, there is nothing good to say about this movie.
August 4, 2017
This is one of the worst animated movies ever made!
August 1, 2017
seen nostalgia critic's review & jontron's review & hell to the no am I watching this piece of shit movie & funniest part? it's a kids & family movie
½ July 31, 2017
Picture the worst thing you can imagine, and multiply it by cancer
½ July 31, 2017
Foodfight!, with its ugly and disgusting animation and imagery, completely inappropriate sexual innuendos, and easily the worst performance of Charlie Sheen's career not only makes this one of the worst animated movies of all time, but one of the worst movies of all time period ever.