Footloose - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Footloose Reviews

February 4, 2016
This is one of my most favorite movies, It's one of those movies you can watch hundreds of times without it feeling old or repetitive, It has everything you would want in a movie great characters an easy to follow plot and a great soundtrack. I suggest if you haven't seen this movie that you should check it out you won't be disappointed
½ January 31, 2016
Choreography is good. That's about it.
December 22, 2015
42/100 - In a world full of unnecessary remakes, Footloose is but another statistic. It has some fresh takes on the original's premise, adding more realism to this somewhat out-there plot. There's also some decent performances from Miles Teller and Dennis Quaid, but on the whole this isn't really worth your time if you didn't care for the original. It's pretty much the exact same movie, aside from a few changes that don't really do anything inventive.
½ December 17, 2015
I didn't want to like it,I hate when they remake Iconic Films. I felt a bit like I was cheating on Kevin Bacon, but my friend, I was surprised to enjoy it so much
½ October 22, 2015
I wonder if it will be as good as thw origonal?
½ August 31, 2015
Surprisingly, the story is told better for a new generation. The lead is a decent replacement for Bacon, and the rest of the cast, especially Quaid, is fantastic. Hell, the dancing may even be better in this one!
½ August 18, 2015
It's like the original, but with a worse story line and terrible acting & music.
½ August 16, 2015
This one is not the same fourm the old one
½ July 23, 2015
Aunque se siente un poco innecesaria, la película toma los elementos más importantes de la original y le añade un giro fresco a la trama.
½ July 19, 2015
Footloose was a legendary masterpiece when it was first released - this is simply a copycat spawn of that which mirrors the story pretty much line for line. The only bits that differ are the introduction which show the death of the reverends son, that instigates the ban on music and partying, the chicken race which is on buses instead of tractors, and the soundtrack which takes the original classics, and slows them up so they're barely recognisable. To give it its dues, why would you tamper with a winning formula? Having said that, no risk equals no reward and thus this will only be a copycat version that will only ever live in the shadows. The dance scenes are perhaps a little more lively and choreographed with people who can actually bust a move, but the young cast are made up of relative unknowns. Only Dennis Quaid and a token role for Andie McDowell (of 'Is it raining? I hadn't noticed' fame) are the familiar faces for me, yet it is reasonably well performed. It's just a tad too predictable when the script hardly differs from the 80's version, and it just somehow doesn't seem as punchy when Lori Singer and Kevin Bacon aren't speaking it. I still enjoyed seeing this given I was a fan of its predecessor, but give me that first instalment any day. Some movies just stand the test of time and this version probably even comes across more dated than the original timeless classic.
July 18, 2015
this movie is awesome
June 13, 2015
It's a mistake to remake any film from the 80s- one of the best decades for films. I might see this eventually but I will probably skip this one.
June 6, 2015
great film very inspirational tbh xx
May 20, 2015
Some energetic choreography can't save this horribly wooden and completely unnecesarry remake from losing its footing and falling to the floor. The acting is bland, the script is an almost scene-for-scene, line-for-line copy of the original, and the music, worst of all, is unmemorable.
May 8, 2015
This movie is a lot better then the original from 1984! :) it was good!
April 16, 2015
For what it was I guess it wasn't that terrible but definitely not my bag. Blah
April 7, 2015
Do we need a Footloose remake? Probably not, but I don't care because I'm not a fan of the original. I find it boring (sorry, Footloose fans, don't kill me). Craig Brewer's remake just has so much more spunk and energy. The dancing is awesome. The characters are likable. So if you don't like the original like me, check this one out!
March 12, 2015
I saw this after one of my best friends was in the musical at her school and I saw this on netflix and knew i had to watch it. When I did I fell in love with everything about it. The cast, the story and everything. I'm someone who loves romance in movies and Ariel and Ren were so cute.
½ March 7, 2015
I like this remake more than the one with Kevin Bacon in 1984. Pleasant to watch.
March 3, 2015
The music, the dancing, the romance, the comedy...this movie has it all...another movie my entire family liked (and I have 2 brothers) Definitely one of my favourites ��