Footloose - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Footloose Reviews

½ January 18, 2015
This weekend: Must take children to see this.
January 13, 2015
Definitely cheesy, but still a fun film.
December 13, 2014
I like the original but I'm not so sure about this one.
December 1, 2014
Great modern remake with the classic songs loved it!
November 2, 2014
I hope it's as good as the original.
October 27, 2014
One of the best remakes I've ever saw since the 1984 version. Wonderful songs and an interesting cast of newcomers Kenny Wormald and Julianne Hough leading the way including Dennis Quaid & Andie MacDowell are brilliantly irresistible in this
delightful musical version of an 80's classic.
See this new version of the 1984 movie you'll
love to see to believe to stand up & cheering
yourself dancing for more. Cut Loose for Footloose!!!
October 26, 2014
Not as good as the first one.
October 20, 2014
Kevin Bacon in a dancing movie?

Enough said.....
October 16, 2014
This remake to the 1984"Footloose" was kind of a disgrace. I think they relied to much on the original, the acting was okay but there were to many cliches for me to even pay attention to this movie. They tried to use most of the original songs which just seemed like they were trying to hard. In my opinion just watched the original. I don't mind remakes but sometimes they just ruined them, but as that being said for Footloose not being that much succesful for me, I give "Footloose"a D.
October 7, 2014
enjoyable movie about young life and the influence of music and dance
September 27, 2014
I LOVE FOOTLOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 16, 2014
It's not bad, and much better than I anticipated it to be. It's fun and light, and portrays characters in grey as opposed to black and white for the most part. Better than most films in this genre.
September 14, 2014
I caught this on FX, and have to say I actually liked it... thought Dennis Quaids performance was quite moving, the dancing was great. what the hell is wrong with me?
½ September 10, 2014
Identical as in to the same level of the original, but better. (B)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
½ September 5, 2014
For the most part I actually thought this was significantly better than the original. All the reviews I heard verbally were awful but it looks like the ratings were actually pretty decent. I didn't realize Zac Efron had dropped out of this movie or I might not have pursued it when I heard awful things, but I'm glad I made it happen. Kevin Bacon's whole dancesplosion sequence had more energy than this kids' did, and I do love John Lithgow, but I also love Dennis Quaid and I felt like this version was better written. All of the characters were more three dimensional and better developed and the people playing teenagers actually looked like they could pass for teenagers. Minus half a star because I still think there needed to be more development of the Ren-Ariel relationship before he was soooo in love with her. But otherwise, fun movie, well made, yay dancing!, better soundtrack than the 80s version which like never happens, and how adorable was Willard? His whole learning how to dance montage was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
August 26, 2014
Well, I'll give Craig Brewer this - he probably made the best movie out of Footloose that's humanly possible. It's a waste of his talents, and he's the reason I felt I should watch it, but I won't shit on his (apparent) passion project. Either that or it's a deal he's made with a studio; he does one for them and then they do one for him. The movie is well made, despite its super thin plot. Moving it to the south helps A LOT, it's at least a little more believable, and Brewer is the perfect fit for that location. The main character was cast a little bland, but does an adequate job.
August 12, 2014
I hate remakes but I still want to see it.
July 31, 2014
I could watch Julianne Hough stand there and do nothing. Actually, I would have preferred that. Wormald has as much charisma as my accountant, and the Director missed why he was doing doing a remake in the first place. The first movie was charming!
July 20, 2014
A remake/homage that was not too bad. Key scenes were kept including the opening foot-taping sequence and the iconic songs all made an appearance, albeit in different guises. But some of the plot changes weren't necessary. Kenny Wormald does an OK job but he is no Kevin Bacon. Some classics should just be left alone.
July 19, 2014
The original is still better and strike a chord with audience. 5 teens party to the famous theme and died after an accident with a truck. Dennis Quaid a local Reverend and councilman mourn for them. Curfew is set in the town for the teens. Dance, booze and all are ban too. 3 years passed, Kenny Wormald move into the town with his aunt (Kim Dickens and Ray McKinnon). Ray task him to fix up a battered VW Beetle and he can keep it. Driving it in town with radio full blast, a cop stop him for disturbing the peace. Kenny saw Dennis daughter Julianne Hough (striking blue eyes) and likes her. Andie MacDowell introduce them both. She lie to her parents she need to stay late at friend's house to do project but actually she go to support her racer boyfriend Patrick John Flueger and then sit on the window and tour one round. Her friend Ziah Colon think its dangerous and leave. She's changed ever since that accident. 1st day in school Miles Teller and Kenny become friends. They are both in the football team. The friends tell Kenny dancing is against the law. At the snack bar, music is played secretly for the teens to party and dance. Kenny flirt dance with Julianne. When he know she is making Patrick jealous, he back off. Dennis shows up and the party is over when he saw her dance. Ray help Kenny out of trouble in the judge hearing. Patrick ask Kenny to meet him and invite him to race bus in figure 8. Julianne remove her top as the flag. Kenny knock out them all and crash his bus too. In the library, a guy pass a joint to him but he don't want. The teacher saw him and he quickly flush it down the toilet. Kenny is angry when the principal talks about knowing his mother and getting into trouble. He dance to his content in a warehouse and Julianne saw it all. She bring him to a secret place to chill. Dennis don't like her hanging with him. Miles don't know how to dance and Ziah is upset whenever she ask him to and rejected. He is angry when she dance with a guy who touch her butt. The guy punch him when he approach him. Driving in the accident bridge, Julianne tell Kenny the story and a victim is her brother. Dennis complain to Ray about Kenny. Ray defended him. Kenny want to have a petition to revoke the dancing law. Kenny teach Miles to dance and soon he caught the dance bug. Kim sign on the petition. Julianne break up with Patrick. He beat her up when she smash his car. She is angry at Dennis to impose all the rules because of the dead brother mistake. At the city council, Kenny bring up the issue. Dennis try to bring him down. Andie speak up for Kenny and he get his chance. Kenny talk to Dennis in church about his promise to protect Julianne. Dennis agree to allow the prom dance take place in a warehouse. The folks clean it up. Kenny bring her to the dance. All the boys and girls are shy. The football captain huddle them up to invite the girls to dance. Patrick and his gang came to spoil the party. Kenny and Miles takes them down. They return and heat up the prom. Everyone dance happily. A pity the closing still shot isn't good.