For the Love of Dolly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For the Love of Dolly Reviews

January 23, 2010
This movie is all over the place. Funny, cringe worthy, heart breaking, and just plain over the top. Some of it's like a train wreck...but in a good way. You just can't turn away!
½ October 5, 2008
Superfandom can truly be frightening, but the always fabulous Dolly seems incredibly tolerant of these people who take their love for her just a little too far.
September 16, 2008
I love Dolly Parton, but not as much as these people. The fans went from sweet, like the guy who needlepoints dolly a present each year and uses her as inspiration, to creppy, with the girls tracking down dolly's friends traded in car and licking the seatbelts. It makes you understand why she closed down the fan club in 97. The end credits with the two men singing "Dear God" will bring you to tears...of laughter.

Most memorable quote? "Question. Do you have feathers?"
½ August 24, 2008
Very insightful, fun examination of obsessed Dolly Parton fans...
June 19, 2008
A behind the scenes look at the Uber-fans of Dolly Parton. At times wince-inducing and others touching, the one thing that remains apparent is Dolly's gracious nature with her fans.

Worth a look, if only to satisfy your curiosity, because who knew which celeb will inspire such devotion.
½ February 19, 2008
A bizarre look at just how far fans will go to get to be close to their one and only... Dolly Parton. This documentary is a must see weather or not u like Dolly Parton or not. I never knew just how far fans of a celebrity would go until I saw this film. It follows a few set of people that truly believe she is a part of their family and wouldn't have it any other way. This film might be hard to find as I saw it on the Logo channel. But def keep in eye out for this great documentary.
September 15, 2007
Insanity!!!!!

I love Dolly too, but really?