For da Love of Money - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For da Love of Money Reviews

February 14, 2013
This cute little movie was a welcome relief from all the gang-banging, drug-dealing, ho-hunting, thug-bugging crap that usually typifies the "South Central" genre. Somewhat like the Wayans Brothers on a smaller scale, writer/producer/director Pierre Edwards turns African American stereotypes upside-down, and we are treated to a Day in the Life, similar to the old 1976 "Car Wash" movie.

As with "Car Wash," our story begins with a radio DJ spinning the tunes, and in between discs he mentions an armed car crash and a young man making off with a fast 20 grand. Police chase the teen down streets and through yards, and the kid finally ditches the money in a random backyard garbage can.

The "random" garbage can belongs to our hero, a regular guy named Dre, and madness quickly ensues. Although a homeless man has already made off with the money, everyone believes Dre has it, and suddenly he becomes quite popular in the Hood.

Plenty of "inside jokes" and goofy characters make this movie a hoot; however, frequent jumps between scenes leave viewers feeling as if the movie were edited by preschoolers.
February 8, 2012
The typical "HOOD" type comedy in the lines of Friday & How High. More of a low budget movie, but still has plenty of jokes which make it entertaining enough to watch. Pretty amusing in parts but it's not gonna win any awards for originality!!
½ October 18, 2009
Typical sketching arround one happening, in this case a moneydrop thats foundd by the wrong person, everyone gets excited about something that isnt true... pretty funny, kinda slow
July 10, 2009
Some parts of it were really funny.
My favorite quote was, "I was just trying to offer you a cracker."
March 18, 2009
i love dis movie its very good
July 24, 2008
im want to see it right know
July 21, 2008
know diz is my movie i been watching it every since it came out.
½ July 21, 2008
Some funny parts..but STUPID overall
July 16, 2008
this is a funny ass movie
July 13, 2008
July 5, 2008
was so funny dis is 1 of my favorte movies
June 16, 2008
Some funny parts..but STUPID overall--get drunk or something and watch it and you'll have a ball...4real
June 16, 2008
June 10, 2008
very funny movie seen it loved itand Boom was very funny a crazy!
March 21, 2008
i love this movie so much
March 10, 2008
This thang is so funny
November 8, 2007
An Overall Funny Movie!!!
August 21, 2007
No, no. For THE love of money. Silly billy.
½ July 29, 2007
For da love of God, every copy of this movie should be burned, the script shredded and everyone who had anything to do with this movie should be sterlized.
June 12, 2007