For Richer or Poorer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For Richer or Poorer Reviews

½ October 8, 2016
What makes this film amusing is the cast.
September 18, 2016
My husband and I both love this movie! It's our favorite movie.
April 1, 2016
One of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
May 8, 2015
A joyless,laugh less comedy.
½ March 19, 2015
This is one of the worst kind of Hollywood comedies: one so lazy and "sincere" that it doesn't even try to be funny. Tim Allen and Kirstie Alley, as a hateful couple on the run from the IRS, are too unlikeable to care about their inevitable redemption. There's even a sentimental courtroom scene at the end. It also commits the cardinal sin of failing to make the great Larry Miller look funny.
½ February 18, 2015
Some funny parts, but not the most accurate depiction of the Amish.
½ November 29, 2014
Not a bad movie. My go to bedtime movie.
November 9, 2014
I have no clue why this movie got such bad reviews I think it was great, hilarious and Tim Allen and Kristie Alley should've worked together more often.
October 13, 2014
The Sextons, Brad and Caroline, live a richy rich life. But when they get chased by the cops and the IRS they go into hiding in Intercourse, PA with an Amish family and pretend they are their cousins and have to adapt to a simpler life and learn there are more important things in life than money. Tim Allen and kirstie Alley are the perfect comedy duo and supply many great laughs throughout the movie. When I rate a comedy I usually rate it on how many times I laughed and if it was altogether a great movie. Alot of times they try to hard and it ends up failing but this had it in all the right times and places and I thought it was a success. Tim Allen is usually funny and gives a great performance here as does Kirstie Alley. Two thumbs up this is a great and funny comedy.
½ September 3, 2014
Allen and Alley did a good job of portraying the Sextons' change of heart, but they had no real spark with each other in my opinion. The movie is nothing to write home about, and in a handful of places - especially some of the early scenes between Brad and Caroline - it's a bit crude. It's passable - but nothing more to be honest.
½ August 4, 2014
(First and only viewing - 4/23/2013)
½ June 13, 2014
Kirstie Alley and Tim Allen seriously should have had a sitcom together. They have so much chemistry, and they bring humor to a movie with a comedically stunted script and a cliched plot.
April 11, 2014
This has a few moments of good fun but mostly it's just built of dumb stereotypes and below-average acting.
March 11, 2014
Though it has senseless elements by most of its characters, For Richer Or Poorer still retains its laughs mainly produced by Tim Allen's and Kirstie Alley's chemistry.
September 14, 2013
A rather bland, unfunny comedy match up of Tim Allen & Kirstie Alley, there a few cute scenes here & there but ultimately this film falls very short.

The story of two richy's who loose their money but still pretend they have it until the IRS chase them out of town & they end up in an Amish village.

You think this film would work but it doesn't, they don't have chemistry together & the script is poorly written, watch with caution.
July 12, 2013
I can't believe the bad reviews! I love Tim Allen and I LOVE this movie! I have seen it 100 times and getting ready to watch it again tonight with my hubby. People stating their negative opinion of it, does not mean it's not good. So watch it and decide for yourself! xoxo
May 17, 2013
Director Bryan Spicer and writers Jana Howington and Steve LuKanic have seemingly infused the farm sections with more life, more character, to evoke the feeling that the country life is better, realer than that in urban areas. Most of the film's limited humor comes as a result of Allen, who occasionally displays an aptitude for physical comedy. There's also a mildly amusing gag concerning an old man who arrives at 4:45 am each morning to get everyone up for the day's work. Larry Miller is supposed to be funny, but I never found myself laughing at his uptight, tough guy routine. The Sextons in the last scene are virtually unrecognizable as their former selves, and Allen's and Alley's deliveries are more natural, more plausible. No masterpiece, but it does have heart and some laughs.

VERDICT: "In The Zone" - [Mixed Reaction] These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own. If you consider cinema, ask for people's opinion on the film. (Films that are rated 2.5 or 3 stars)
May 3, 2013
Not a bad movie, especially if you like the humor of Tim Allen. You really know everything that will happen in this movie before it even starts, but Allen and Alley have great chemistry and it's pretty harmless.

It's two hours but you kind of wish it was longer to see them and how they change the Amish community they are hiding in.

Supporting cast is quite good, especially Larry Miller and Miguel Nunez Jr. as the guys chasing them.
April 12, 2013
One of my favourites!
March 17, 2013
It's an incredibly stupid movie, but it's funny and good for wasting some time.