For Richer or Poorer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For Richer or Poorer Reviews

June 29, 2017
So funny. Good movie to watch if you're looking for laughs.
May 2, 2017
One of my favorite movies ever! My family watches every few years! Favorite line... I'm gonna need just a little bit of mustard!
April 9, 2017
It's a Tim Allen movie. Normally I'd leave it at that, but Kirstie Alley added a lot to this otherwise forgettable movie. For Richer Or Poorer doesn't get the credit it deserves; sure, it's a formulaic, by-the-numbers, wacky comedy from the late 90's, but it has its charm. I honestly don't see why it got such low ratings.
April 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 27, 2016
11/25/2016: A decent movie with some funny moments.
½ October 8, 2016
What makes this film amusing is the cast.
September 18, 2016
My husband and I both love this movie! It's our favorite movie.
April 1, 2016
One of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
May 8, 2015
A joyless,laugh less comedy.
½ March 19, 2015
This is one of the worst kind of Hollywood comedies: one so lazy and "sincere" that it doesn't even try to be funny. Tim Allen and Kirstie Alley, as a hateful couple on the run from the IRS, are too unlikeable to care about their inevitable redemption. There's even a sentimental courtroom scene at the end. It also commits the cardinal sin of failing to make the great Larry Miller look funny.
½ February 18, 2015
Some funny parts, but not the most accurate depiction of the Amish.
½ November 29, 2014
Not a bad movie. My go to bedtime movie.
November 9, 2014
I have no clue why this movie got such bad reviews I think it was great, hilarious and Tim Allen and Kristie Alley should've worked together more often.
October 13, 2014
The Sextons, Brad and Caroline, live a richy rich life. But when they get chased by the cops and the IRS they go into hiding in Intercourse, PA with an Amish family and pretend they are their cousins and have to adapt to a simpler life and learn there are more important things in life than money. Tim Allen and kirstie Alley are the perfect comedy duo and supply many great laughs throughout the movie. When I rate a comedy I usually rate it on how many times I laughed and if it was altogether a great movie. Alot of times they try to hard and it ends up failing but this had it in all the right times and places and I thought it was a success. Tim Allen is usually funny and gives a great performance here as does Kirstie Alley. Two thumbs up this is a great and funny comedy.
½ September 3, 2014
Allen and Alley did a good job of portraying the Sextons' change of heart, but they had no real spark with each other in my opinion. The movie is nothing to write home about, and in a handful of places - especially some of the early scenes between Brad and Caroline - it's a bit crude. It's passable - but nothing more to be honest.
½ August 4, 2014
(First and only viewing - 4/23/2013)
½ June 13, 2014
Kirstie Alley and Tim Allen seriously should have had a sitcom together. They have so much chemistry, and they bring humor to a movie with a comedically stunted script and a cliched plot.
April 11, 2014
This has a few moments of good fun but mostly it's just built of dumb stereotypes and below-average acting.
March 11, 2014
Though it has senseless elements by most of its characters, For Richer Or Poorer still retains its laughs mainly produced by Tim Allen's and Kirstie Alley's chemistry.
September 14, 2013
A rather bland, unfunny comedy match up of Tim Allen & Kirstie Alley, there a few cute scenes here & there but ultimately this film falls very short.

The story of two richy's who loose their money but still pretend they have it until the IRS chase them out of town & they end up in an Amish village.

You think this film would work but it doesn't, they don't have chemistry together & the script is poorly written, watch with caution.