For the Love of Benji - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For the Love of Benji Reviews

November 24, 2014
Nostalgia at it's finest. Watching this again for the first time in many years was really taking a time machine back to my childhood. A great movie with hardly any dialogue involved, yet half of it being said in Greek makes the mystery of a first time viewer what the heck these people are running around for with a dog who's got a microchip glued to his paw. I absolutely love the friend canine that Benji makes. This shows a dog's true love for his family, and how struggling it is being a victim with no voice. I'm surprised no 'critics' reviewed this, but I really want to vouch for this movie and say it's a great classic movie that is now lost in the abyss of cinema. The music is so emotional and exactly is a great feel for the moments, and what a amazing dog Benji is to do such slick moves and things from cute head turns to crawling around or even the saddening visual of him laying down upset. Great movie, and if you are hearing people about putting this movie or series down, please stop and just try watching it if you are a for-sure animal lover... especially dog lover.
January 21, 2012
Benji...another childhood favorite.
January 9, 2012
my nephews love this movie
July 3, 2011
The best of the Benji movies.
July 3, 2011
The best of the Benji movies.
½ September 24, 2010
"There aren't enough superlatives to describe this sensational film. Benji's acting performance is even better than his first film"
Family Weekly

"Benji is able to sulk, skulk, peek, pause, do double-takes, worry, frown, scowl and glint in sly triumph. He is so wordlessly articulate that he should do a film without any two-footed creatures at all trying to steal scenes from that small and extraordinary dog with the souldful eyes."
Charles Champlin - Los Angeles Times
½ August 22, 2010
I remember balling when I saw this as a 6 year old kid! "Run, Benji!" I yelled in the theatre! Wow this brings back memories!

Glad that my kids (close to the age I saw these at) now enjoy and love the classic Benji movies!
July 12, 2010
A cute flick for dog lovers.
April 20, 2010
Anyone seen Kick ass yet?
December 20, 2009
Benji is back in another heartwarming tale.
½ September 24, 2009
I loved this film as a child and I love it even more now. A real tear-jerker if you have pets/love dogs
August 3, 2009
Note to self: do not revisit movies from ones childhood. You will only be sad and disappointed. Just let them live as happy memories instead.
February 16, 2009
and i dooo love him!
December 11, 2008
Another adorable Benji movie, skip the 2004 Benji Off The Leash and see this one instead if you have not seen it already.
½ October 16, 2008
Suspenseful, entertaining, family-oriented, and beautiful scenery
October 10, 2008
awwwwwww benji!!!!!!
May 31, 2008
Benji is back in another heartwarming tale.
May 16, 2008
I'm pretty sure I saw this movie when I was a kid.
May 15, 2008