For the Love of Benji Reviews

• Mar 06, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3/5) Like the original Benji (1974), this story is probably targeted for children, but I suspect it is way too sparse and slow moving to maintain the interest of a younger audience. Duration/Tempo: (3.5/5) At 1 hour and 25 minutes, it's a very short movie that felt like an average length movie. Too many drawn out scenes. Cast & Crew: (3/5) Human cast was better than in the original, but still meh. Dogs were good. Summary: (3/5) This film comes down to old-school dog tricks. No CGI here. While this is fun to watch, there's just not enough here for an 85 minute movie.

• Apr 15, 2018

its pretty good benji movie

its pretty good benji movie

• Mar 10, 2017

I play my VHS copy of this movie at band practice. It's hard to see because it is so cloudy from the fog machine and all the lasers, but it's nice to see dogs while jamming out. Although, some times they shoot at the dog, which is so crazy, but I think they are overseas so I guess it makes sense.

• Nov 24, 2014

Nostalgia at it's finest. Watching this again for the first time in many years was really taking a time machine back to my childhood. A great movie with hardly any dialogue involved, yet half of it being said in Greek makes the mystery of a first time viewer what the heck these people are running around for with a dog who's got a microchip glued to his paw. I absolutely love the friend canine that Benji makes. This shows a dog's true love for his family, and how struggling it is being a victim with no voice. I'm surprised no 'critics' reviewed this, but I really want to vouch for this movie and say it's a great classic movie that is now lost in the abyss of cinema. The music is so emotional and exactly is a great feel for the moments, and what a amazing dog Benji is to do such slick moves and things from cute head turns to crawling around or even the saddening visual of him laying down upset. Great movie, and if you are hearing people about putting this movie or series down, please stop and just try watching it if you are a for-sure animal lover... especially dog lover.

• Jan 21, 2012

my nephews love this movie

• Jul 03, 2011

• Jul 03, 2011

• Sep 24, 2010

"There aren't enough superlatives to describe this sensational film. Benji's acting performance is even better than his first film" Family Weekly "Benji is able to sulk, skulk, peek, pause, do double-takes, worry, frown, scowl and glint in sly triumph. He is so wordlessly articulate that he should do a film without any two-footed creatures at all trying to steal scenes from that small and extraordinary dog with the souldful eyes." Charles Champlin - Los Angeles Times

• Aug 22, 2010

I remember balling when I saw this as a 6 year old kid! "Run, Benji!" I yelled in the theatre! Wow this brings back memories! Glad that my kids (close to the age I saw these at) now enjoy and love the classic Benji movies!